FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock related presents

<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Lock related presents

I wonder how many of you got lock related presents for Christmas!
I'm gonna have to say I was surprised!

First, we had a "secret pal" thing going on the store and, out of luck, the guy who had to give me a present was one of the few that knows about my hobby. So he gave me these 3 padlocks:

Second, one of my best friends is a mechanic, and I had previously asked him how much a can of brake cleaner costs (they can get them with a huge discount). He found out it would be funny to give me a can, as I still hadn't bought any:

And for last, my girlfriend got me a Sparrows pinning mat and a pinning tweezers. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the payment and I had to help her figure out what to do by talking to Sparrows, so I already know what the present is although it hasn't arrived yet. But I'm still happy (VERY HAPPY) with these gifts, specially my GF's. Not because of the value, but for the fact that she doesn't know a lot of english and still managed to talk to Sparrows and arrange a way for me to get the present before Christmas. It didn't pay out, but the effort is what I really enjoyed!

What about you guys?

P.S. - Sorry about the very low quality picks, I don't have my camera here with me ATM... :(
P.P.S. - I HOPE Y'ALL HAD A WONDERFULL CHRISTMAS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Lock related presents

I got a 7 pin BEST SFIC with a padlock body :D And a 6 pin medeco biaxial! Very happy with mine too! No pics as they are still yet to arrive lol Shipping problems :P
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm

My son got a lock related puzzle - a three-dimensional puzzle of a combination lock.

His main present was not really lock related - but the wrapping was. Once he unwrapped the paper, there was a wooden box with a hinged door secured with two deadbolts. Wouldn't you know it, forgot the keys. But there was a hook and tension wrench taped between the deadbolts. :twisted: He had to pick his way in to find out what his main gift was... a tablet computer to play his games on. (And free up Mommy and Daddy's iPads.). To be nice, there were no security pins.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:My son got a lock related puzzle - a three-dimensional puzzle of a combination lock.

His main present was not really lock related - but the wrapping was. Once he unwrapped the paper, there was a wooden box with a hinged door secured with two deadbolts. Wouldn't you know it, forgot the keys. But there was a hook and tension wrench taped between the deadbolts. :twisted: He had to pick his way in to find out what his main gift was... a tablet computer to play his games on. (And free up Mommy and Daddy's iPads.). To be nice, there were no security pins.

Gordon

Haha that is great!
On my birthday, my gf gave me a wallet but the box was locked with a chain and a small padlock. Nothing fancy but it was so cool! How much time did he take to pick them? :mrgreen:

@Daggers: let us see some photos when it arrives :mrgreen:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:30 pm

About ten minutes.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:32 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:About ten minutes.

Gordon

A bowl of rigatoni ala vodka.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:40 am

I got a pair of slippers and although I don't usually wear slippers these are very comfy. Maybe I'll keep them by the garage door so when I go out there to dig through boxes of locks in the winter my feet will stay warm. That's about as lock related as my gift gets.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 am

GWiens2001 wrote:About ten minutes.

Gordon

10min for him to pick 2 deadbolts? VERY NICE!
You have been a good teacher :mrgreen:

@MBI: LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 am

He does ok for a 9-year-old kid. ;-)

Gordon
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:18 am

I got a bunch of locks yesterday, a trade from ejlockpix and some cores that keymaster repinned...does that count? :P
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:20 am

It does count. Congrats on new lock toys!

Gordon
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Does it count if you think you are getting a present , and it's either late or was never ordered ?
my little girl hinted that "mommy" had bought me an EPG , no sign of it , and as i wasn't supposed to know about it anyway , am i allowed to moan ?
Open Sez Me !
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:18 pm

.... LOL!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Oldfast, whenever you say WHEN, I have a whole BOX of "presents" for you :D :D
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:35 am

I got the BEST already but still waiting for the Medeco. It might be arriving today; crossing my fingers! I'll post up pictures of the best. Sorry for the bad quality, my camera isn't working so I have to use the webcam on my laptop :/

best.jpg

and showing the 7 pins:
7pin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Next

Return to Random Banter