FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pets of Keypicking

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Pets of Keypicking

Altashot wrote:....When Simone met Sammy....
Love at first sight! LoL. That's neat.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Ackbar

This is my wife's Tokay gecko.
ackbar 2.JPG

His name is Ackbar, because of the huge eyes, and his mouth is like a steel trap.
ackbar 1.jpg

When he clamps onto you, it feels like someone is grabbing you with a pair of vice grips, and he does NOT let go until you've let go of him AND he feels he's in a position where he can make an escape as soon as he releases his grip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

wow soo many cute things!
I can't even choose which pet is the cutest...
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Ackbar

MBI wrote:When he clamps onto you, it feels like someone is grabbing you with a pair of vice grips, and he does NOT let go until you've let go of him AND he feels he's in a position where he can make an escape as soon as he releases his grip.

Is it painfull? You seem to take it pretty easily when he bites you :mrgreen:

ARF-GEF wrote:wow soo many cute things!
I can't even choose which pet is the cutest...

Maybe you want to have a tête-à-tête with Nagini! :fu:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: Ackbar

fgarci03 wrote:
MBI wrote:When he clamps onto you, it feels like someone is grabbing you with a pair of vice grips, and he does NOT let go until you've let go of him AND he feels he's in a position where he can make an escape as soon as he releases his grip.

Is it painfull? You seem to take it pretty easily when he bites you :mrgreen:

That's my wife's thumb he's clamped onto, not mine. If he gets a big bite like he has there, it's not too bad as their teeth are nubs. Mainly you feel very strong pressure. But if they get you on a fingertip, anywhere on or around the fingernail it hurts more and can draw blood. What you really have to be careful for is not to let them just grab a small piece of skin. They clamp down hard enough, grind their jaws and yank which can let them tear off chunks of flesh that way.

Tokay geckos are probably the most vicious gecko species. It's a good thing they don't have shaper teeth, like monitors have.

My wife is quick enough to grab him but I don't even try to catch him because I'm not sure I'm fast enough anymore and every time you open the cage to pick one up you have a real escape risk if you don't know what you're doing. In short bursts they can move almost faster than your eye can track. Best way seems to be to distract them with one hand and ambush them from behind and grab them with the other.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 am

Thanks MBI!

I had an idea Geckos were a lot slower and calm. But that one seems to be SOO fun!
I'm not sure about this, but Geckos need to eat their own skin when they shed right?
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:19 am

fgarci03 wrote:Thanks MBI!

I had an idea Geckos were a lot slower and calm. But that one seems to be SOO fun!
I'm not sure about this, but Geckos need to eat their own skin when they shed right?

Some are mellow. Giant geckos can be downright lazy. You can put one on your shoulder and it'll just sit there and chill out for a long time.

House geckos are one of the more common species. Usually some shade of brown, 3-6 inches in length, quick but still catchable you just have to be careful about their tail as they'll shed it rather easily when caught. I used to catch one or two outside every evening when I lived in Brazil, set them loose in my bedroom to help keep it free of the various biting insects that were very common where I was.

I'm not certain they "need" to eat their skin when they shed, but eating it does help them recycle the nutrients especially when food is scarce. It's also a handy way to help them shed quicker, they'll grab a piece of loose skin with their mouth, and tug on it to peel it off. It's funny watching them peel it off their feet, a bit like peeling off a surgical glove except they usually have to tug really hard at the tips of the toes because the skin seems to be attached more firmly there at the claw.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:28 am

Ha, that is so fun!

My experience with Geckos is limited to what I saw on a Animal Supply store. I'm starting to have an urge to get a couple for myself too.

Thanks a lot MBI :nopity: :whip:

:mrgreen:
- GWiens2001
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Our cat, playing with an ant, haha.

<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Ha! I like that picture. Cats are fun to watch.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Altashot

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 am

Stunning picture!
The curious, intense and noble feline attention, the tiny ant on the window sill walking away, carefree. The slightly blurry screen in the back ground...
A stunning picture indeed...And in my favorite colours...
We do love our pets... Don't we?

M.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 am

Wonderful pic, Josh. While a cat is a common one among us pickers, an ant is definitely a first :D

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 am

lol that is a great photo.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Josh, that is a stunning picture. Award quality. Very artistic. Like your cat, too. :-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Some how, His Lordship got missed from my last post.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter