FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Pick Case

<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 pm

New Pick Case

A while back there was a thread about what picks were in your BOB. I had limited picks that I carried with me everyday and was happy with that. Then I ran in to a situation in which I wished that I had a small kit with a few more options. So I decided to put one together and cut a few custom pieces for it. Nothing fancy the whole less is more concept. The problem was finding a good case. After lots of searching I tried a couple of options and by the far the best was this http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/4-x-6-Notebook-Cover-p890.htm. It is well made (quality zipper), folds nearly flat, and gives you great access to your tools. Most importantly it is cheap at around $14 (that can include shipping if you get one on ebay). Don't get the smaller version of this as it doesn't have the pockets arranged like this and is just a bit short for most tools. Which leads to the only drawback to this being the perfect case. You may notice a set of LSA's picks poking up there (they are great for an application like this because they are so thin). The problem was the pocket was just a little too long and they disappeared inside the pocket. That is no good when it comes to tool access. A small bit of foam packed into the bottom of the pocket quickly corrected the issue. The pocket length would be great for some of the custom picks that I have, but I was trying to get a full range of options in small space.. There is room for plenty of tools and some shim material behind where the snap pick is. All of the tools / picks have stayed in place while the backpack has been abused the past few months. You cant't beat it for the money.

CAM00004.jpg

Just wanted to share this as most "pick cases" are very over priced and bulky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: New Pick Case

Thanks for the info. I think most pick cases are grossly overpriced. Its nice to see another reasonably priced option that's available.

That case reminds me of the County Comm Diplomat Pocket Case although I think the one you posted looks a bit handier.
http://countycomm.com/pocketorganizer.html
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:45 pm

hey there fellow pickers. just thought id post of pic of my new tool roll. it took me awhile to find a case for my picks that i really liked so i thought id share it here with you guys. here she is:
bought mine from amazon for under 10usd! great deal and a great roll:

http://www.amazon.com/US-PeaceKeeper-Sm ... cr_pr_pb_t
<<

gunny

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 am

MBI wrote:Thanks for the info. I think most pick cases are grossly overpriced. Its nice to see another reasonably priced option that's available.

That case reminds me of the County Comm Diplomat Pocket Case although I think the one you posted looks a bit handier.

Great case from countycomm. Thank for the idea. That may be up for consideration for my tactical pick set.

The US Peacekeeper case is very sweet too.
<<

Josephus

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:38 pm

gunny wrote:
MBI wrote:Thanks for the info. I think most pick cases are grossly overpriced. Its nice to see another reasonably priced option that's available.

Great case from countycomm. Thank for the idea. That may be up for consideration for my tactical pick set.

What about a strategic pick set :p!

Honestly there does seem to be a lack of decent cases for organizing the whole collection without sewing up one from scratch. For the record my tactical pick set is a moderate sized rock. Works every time.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:13 pm

gunny wrote:
MBI wrote:

yea, i was looking for a nice tool roll for a looong time before stumbling across that one.

also going to order that county comm case..things looks pretty sweet
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.

Return to Random Banter