FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Therapy locks...

<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Therapy locks...

Relaxing after tough day of work.
I'd appreciate everyone's input on some things.
1) Is it right / ethical to pick the lock on my mailbox if I get permission?
2) How much money is enough money?
3) How are you today?

Cheers everyone.
LibertyClicks
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Therapy locks...

The Bob Ross of lockpicking.

1. Yes
2. 1 Quadrillion Dollars
3. Good.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 pm

xeo wrote:The Bob Ross of lockpicking.

Glad to hear you are well Xeo.

Happy little fluffy clouds. :geek:
I guess we should start the Quadrillionaires club.
Requirements:
1) Have a quadrillion dollars.
2) Be able to pick serrated drivers.
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm

1: yes
2: The less you have the less you need
3: 42
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm

xeo wrote:The Bob Ross of lockpicking.

Heh.

1. Sure is. Assuming it doesn't get and stay broken nobody loses, so go nuts!
2. For me it is enough to very humbly live off of for a year or two.
3. Stressed. Taking 5 classes, studying for two cert exams and feel ashamed that I don't have a job. Not that I need one, see #2.
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm

gnarus8429 wrote:1: yes
2: The less you have the less you need
3: 42

Yup money comes and goes. I've got a buddy who hasn't had a steady job in 3 years. He says it isn't that bad, though he does complain about not having money ALL the time. Thanks for the comment.
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Josephus wrote:1. Sure is. Assuming it doesn't get and stay broken nobody loses, so go nuts!
2. For me it is enough to very humbly live off of for a year or two.
3. Stressed. Taking 5 classes, studying for two cert exams and feel ashamed that I don't have a job. Not that I need one, see #2.

I think I read Schuyler Towne say it's unethical to pick a lock that is "In use..." but the I'm not so sure the Canadian postal system qualifies as "In use". Plus I pick the one on my door all the time so it's another shade of grey.

Good luck with your classes, when class work gets heavy remember they aren't trying to make you want to kill yourself, it's just a test to see if you swim when it comes time to sink or swim.
Thanks for your comments Josephus.
<<

psykro

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm

LCV in the house mofos!!
thanks LC, for putting a human edge onto the picking clip. i watched the whole thing, and i don't usually sit thru even 5 min vids! only problem is, its so long that things that came into my head to say to ya are just a neural mist now haha. try s-e asia for ad hoc holidaying. awesome fun! i've spent 6 weeks just scootering around thailand with my son going exactly where we wanna go and nowhere anyone else says we should. off the beaten track is where its at. plus you can live well for about $15 per day, VERY WELL! bit more if u want luxury of course. as for q2: it's up to you. personally i don't waste a second worrying about money if i can at all help it. as long as i have a roof over my head, can keep warm in winter, have 3 meals and 3 beers a day and buy a tool or a lock or a 3yr old pc game on special every now n then, i have enough. too many ppl stress about money for extra shit they dont need. in my ever so humble opinion of course! a near death experience always puts money into perspective i say. i've had a couple.
definitely pick ur mailbox mate! what an awesome way to get a new set of picks!!! im envious : ]
kudos to you for caring about your job and your students too. the world needs more teachers like that.
respect, richie
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

psykro wrote:thanks LC, for putting a human edge onto the picking clip. try s-e asia for ad hoc holidaying. awesome fun! i've spent 6 weeks just scootering around thailand with my son going exactly where we wanna go and nowhere anyone else says we should. off the beaten track is where its at.

Thanks for replying psykro. I was gonna chicken out of posting this video but I figured I could pull it down if I got flamed bad enough... :P should of known you guys would be cool about it though.
Scooter in a random country sounds right up my alley for vacation. I used to mock scooters, but when in Rome...

a near death experience always puts money into perspective i say. i've had a couple.

I was involved in an aircraft incident last year that I could have died in, and I have also discovered I care less about money now than ever before. After the incident I went skydiving and took that vacation to Cuba I mentioned. On that trip I picked up a book called "The Lock Artist" to read. Loved the book, reminded me why I was into locks years ago, and boom, here I am on keypicking. Funny how things work out.

kudos to you for caring about your job and your students too. the world needs more teachers like that.
respect, richie

Cheers Richie, thanks again for your comments here. PM if you have any questions about flying or motorcycles I might be able to help with bud.

Return to Random Banter