FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I got ripped off. Period.

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 pm

I got ripped off. Period.

A while back I got my master 3 for $10. Then I went to Super Target lately and saw that they were selling them without a sale for $5.63!!!!! That damn store ripped me off!!!!!!!!!!!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: I got ripped off. Period.

World of Variety, I hate that place!!!!!!!!!!!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Yeah, I think it's just a family business, but if it's not, only go in for fireworks. :mrgreen:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:16 am

Lol, ouch. Yeah, never go to mom and pops shops for things unless you 100% need them. They jack up their prices to get a better profit, unlike a place like WalMart or Target who drop there prices to move more quantity.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:17 am

Yeah I found that out the hard way! (LOL)
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:28 pm

m0ose wrote:Lol, ouch. Yeah, never go to mom and pops shops for things unless you 100% need them. They jack up their prices to get a better profit, unlike a place like WalMart or Target who drop there prices to move more quantity.

a place called doug's is close to my house,it costs LESS than other places there.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Jc2intelligent wrote:
m0ose wrote:Lol, ouch. Yeah, never go to mom and pops shops for things unless you 100% need them. They jack up their prices to get a better profit, unlike a place like WalMart or Target who drop there prices to move more quantity.

a place called doug's is close to my house,it costs LESS than other places there.

Well this does raise a question. Are all his locks packaged? I know of some places that buy locks in sets. Walmart sells two keyed alike locks for cheaper then each one separate. So if he was to buy a couple sets, and make a copy of the key, or even just sell them with one key, he could easily sell them for less.

If that's not the case then be happy, you got lucky. :)
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 pm

m0ose wrote:
Jc2intelligent wrote:

Well this does raise a question. Are all his locks packaged? I know of some places that buy locks in sets. Walmart sells two keyed alike locks for cheaper then each one separate. So if he was to buy a couple sets, and make a copy of the key, or even just sell them with one key, he could easily sell them for less.

If that's not the case then be happy, you got lucky. :)

oops, it's a grocery store, i thought you meant ALL mom n' pop stores
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

Nostromo

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Why buy when you can beg from locksmiths? They throw out stuff that cant be installed or sold retail, but is still good for practice.

I just got a medeco cylinder (sans keys), an ace 7pin rimlock switch and a safe dial for the asking. Well, I did buy'em lunch, but that was after. Very nice people!

Return to Random Banter