FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Romstar

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Re: Romstar

Any update to this dilemma? Just curious for the masses and all to settle all rumors and such. Personally I am big on integrity issues and hope that all would share the same in this rather tight knit hobby.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Not yet chap , and as i stated , i won't be moaning for a 50 day period
just as an act of faith in the Administrators as a whole .
I really like this site and don't want fireworks , just an acceptable solution
Open Sez Me !
<<

Slashmoo

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:43 am

Moose, have you recieved anything?
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Nothing still. Nor has there been any word from Romstar.

I've been thinking of calling the number attached to his Paypal, but I'm not sure if Canada is free for us. :P

Either way, no offense dude, but I either need my money or my picks, but if they don't get shipped with a tracking number soon, I'm disputing. No tracking number, no deal.

I'm going through a lot of shit right now, and it's either give me the good or give me my money. I respect you for all the knowledge you bring, but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone who disagrees with my view obviously hasn't been here.

So here's the deal. You've got a week to ship my picks that, as you said a while ago, were done, with a tracking number so I've got proof, or I'm taking it up with Paypal.

Also, for the record:
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #16)

Business Name:
Romstar Systems
Email:
romstar@o.ca

Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email: romstar@o.ca
Customer Service Phone: 9-6-9

Amount sent:
-$43.00 USD
Fee:
$0.00 USD
Total:
-$43.00 USD

Date:
May 19, 2008
Time:
19:57:09 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Address
Note:
To make sure all the information is correct and that nothing happens to where you loose it or any of that jazz, here's an additional copy of my address.

Branden K
1d
An, NY 11-9
U S

Also, if business requires.
(5) 5-6

Thanks,
Branden
Shipping Address:
Branden K
1d
an, NY 11
U S
Unconfirmed Help

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$43.00 USD - PayPal Account

I edited out all the personal info, but there's the payment. I'm also going to gank screen shots of all the PM's we've sent and save them up for later use too.

P.S. After over four months, I'm serious dude.
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:29 pm

This is interesting I have still yet to see the mods stand point on the issue or a real ultimatum. MODS, LEW?
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:35 am

Romstar hasnt been online for the past few days so i havnt been able to speak with him.

I agree with you that this is unacceptable and believe me i will try and sort it.

I also agree that one of the mods should have responded to this thread and tried to sort it but i can only assume that they are busy, the typical admin duty is to run all the behind the scenes stuff and pay the bills and leave the mods to run the show but i like to think i help you guys all i can.

The reason i havnt responded sooner is because i just havnt had the time, what with EZP and work.

But as i said i will try and sort it for you because this has gone on long enough.

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:24 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:This is not an order of any sorts, but I think people who haven't been "ripped off" should keep their pie holes shut. Again, that is just my opinion.

As for the people that do have issues, I do hope they get resolved soon. I urge anyone who has an issue they would like addressed by me, or another mod, to personally e-mail us so we can get right on it. Other than that, I don't stick my nose into bitchin unless asked.

In Romstar's defense, we all get into situations where we cannot do what we really wanted to. You may have noticed that I have not been on line a lot lately due to personal obligations. I did promise to send Romstar some money for a case he is makin me, but didn't get to do it. I haven't heard anything from him on it. He knew some of my problems, so I am hoping he is giving me the benefit of the doubt, like I would him.

I have never done business with Romstar, so I will not give an opinion either way on business. But, I have watched him do lots of work for people. He also has taught me a lot. So personally, I have a high opinion of the guy.

So, what I ask is, unless you have a personal stake in this, keep out of it. Posts with info about what so and so told you about someone else have no relevance. If you don't want to be part of this community because of who it is headed by, see ya later. I would like to think that people around here mature enough not to gossip. This is not a new thing, Romstar has told most people he is close to all about his side of it.

Moose, I am glad to see you used paypal. That was the smart way to do it. You do have recorse if you feel you loose money. If and when the time comes that you decide you have had enough, deal with paypal. As much as I would like to, I can't do Anything but ban people from the board. Since that doesn't get money back, I don't see what use that is to you.

I don't know about other mods or admin, but I can tell everybody not to expect me to pay for anybodies mistakes. We are all supposed to be grown ups around here, lets deal with our own issues.

Thanks for stepping in man. You and Lew made my day.

I hope you guys know that I DO respect Romstar, and I am GLAD he is a part of this community. He's helped me on stuff like the PassKEy system and stuff that I've been able to put to use in real life, let alone all the knowledgeable posts and threads.

But at a certain point, and I think all of you will agree, a person needs to keep their word. I have NO problems with Romstar other than this, and my attitude isn't out of disrespect, but more frustration. I mean, hell, I understand that life gets in the way, and so forth, but to be told multiple times that they were done, and that they'd be sent out at such and such date, it gets old.

So I just hope you all know that I do respect Romstar, and I have been understanding the whole time, but when I posted last, I realized I have been waiting over four months, and it got to me. At what point do you become demanding, and at what point do you give up? I'm sure as hell not giving up, and I sure as hell want my tools. So yeah. That's how it is.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:33 pm

They say "no news is good news" but this really is taking the piss !
I'm owed 6 picks or £23 or $40ish US Dollars , it's also been 4 months at
least since i made my deal with the chap .
I have contacted him several times , the last time , i just ranted and demanded my cash back . Guess what ? no reply !
That was a week ago , i know he's a wealth of information and an Administrator , but i imagine
that if i had done the same to him i'd be labeled a thief and banned from the forum
(Admin)
Open Sez Me !
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 pm

I'm going to speak with Romstar, as well as the other mods, and see what he has to say regarding this situation. Will advise.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Many thanks Halis , i find that i'm just getting more annoyed by the day
and i realise that won't solve anything , neither will my moaning ,
but then again , if i don't complain i doubt anything will happen .
From the recent posts by other members ie, buyer beware ect
i get the feeling they think it's my fault , but i was recomended to
deal with Romstar by a Member , and Romstar is an Administrator ,
foolishly i thought he would take a "Newbie" under his wing and be keen
to help the guys like me on the bottom step !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Ok, Here's the deal.

I've spoken with Romstar concerning these issues and he has assured me that both of you should be receiving your picks very soon.

I know that he has been very busy with work amongst other things and don't think i'm making excuses for him because i'm not.

If you don't receive shortly as promised then obviously further action will be taken but for the moment hang tight and see what happens.

I've now you've been waiting long enough and i agree it's unacceptable but as i said just see what happens in the next week or two and then we'll go from there.

Lew
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 pm

nozza36 wrote:Many thanks Halis , i find that i'm just getting more annoyed by the day
and i realise that won't solve anything , neither will my moaning ,
but then again , if i don't complain i doubt anything will happen .
From the recent posts by other members ie, buyer beware ect
i get the feeling they think it's my fault , but i was recomended to
deal with Romstar by a Member , and Romstar is an Administrator ,
foolishly i thought he would take a "Newbie" under his wing and be keen
to help the guys like me on the bottom step !

Trust me, I understand your predicament very well. I've been burned a couple of times myself (not by Romstar) - and no matter if the amount of money is small or large - it sours your outlook for a long time to come.

Lew is trying to help us out in this situation, so let's see what develops. Please try to have a little more patience and let's see if promises are kept and things follow through.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Ok guys, listen in.

We are all aware of the problems concerning Romstar and his lack of ability to deliever goods as payed for and promised.

And as we all know life can get in the way sometimes and kick you in the nuts and i understand that completely but this has got to the point where it is completely unjustifiable.

I have recieved countless emails regarding orders made with romstar in the past and people not recieving their orders after months on end.

As we seen several posts above romstar claims that the items have either gone missing in the mail or something else. And please don't get me wrong i am not saying that he is lying by any means but it just seems very unlikely to me.

Regarding the most recent orders made with romstar i have been in full contact with him and he assured me countless times that you guys should be recieving your items very soon but this is clearly not the case.

As we all know USMC returned this month and he is also a good friend as i am of romstar. He also agrees that this is unacceptable and something has to be done.

So with that being said, Romstar has now been removed as Co-Admin of the board.

Believe me this was not an easy thing to do by any means. He was removed from LP101 for exactly the same reasons as these so i'm not the only one who can see that this is the best option.

An admin needs to be someone you can trust and we can clearly see from the above posts that this is not the case.

I really really hope that everyone recieves the items they ordered from him and this mess gets sorted out because it really isn't fair.

I have so much respect for the guy and he has helped me countless times but unfortunately i really was left with no option.

and obviously it sais something about us if we alow him to keep power on the board.

So a decision had to be made and i feel this was the right one.

take care
Lew
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Lockylew wrote:So a decision had to be made and i feel this was the right one.

take care
Lew

I think you are doing the right thing in a difficult situation. Romstar has helped a lot of us and it's disappointing that he lacks the wherewithall to follow through on his commitments.

I stand by your decision.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 pm

I for one agree. The knowledge he holds is great, but his ability may not be. In a case like this, KeyPicking as a whole needs to think about it's image. It is never a good sign to see the admin of a website be in the midst of a firestorm.

I just hope you all realize that Romstar is a bundle of information, and he is a good tech support when it comes to needing information, but past that, eh, lets just say I'm going to contact Paypal shortly.

Thanks Lew and you fellow staff. It means a lot to have your support.

Also, Lew, please make sure that this thread is not deleted or moved from the public eye. I've never dealt with Paypal on a matter such as this, and this thread is just the proof I need.

Edit:

Here's what I've told him via the PayPal dispute.

Hey man. At this point I'm quite fed up. You've been banned from LP101, you've been booted off of staff at KP. I'm to the point where waiting isn't worth it. You are a wealth of information, but waiting four months for tools that were done how long ago?

Unless you can get my tools sent out WITH a tracking number by or on October 3rd, I want my money back, no joke.

Thanks,
Branden

Edit2:
We Have Registered Your Dispute
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

Fuck you PayPal. Other Tangible Goods deserve to be disputed.
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter