FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Romstar

<<

Slashmoo

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Romstar

There is a side of romstar many people dont know, i thought it would be right of me to let people know before they decide to purchase anything from him.

He rips people off. Believe me if you want or don’t, I’m apart of lockpicking 101.

When I was around 14 i was buying a HPC superior set off romstar, it cost me 130 Australian dollars as it was 100 dollars according to him(More like 75).

Anyway, months passed and it never came, countless excuses its stuck in mail, stuck in customs bla bla.

Years passed and nothing. Around 2-3 months ago i started talking to him again when he claimed he would send my pickset to me, still hasn’t arrived and since then I’ve ordered a pickset from Lockpicks.com which is located in Canada using the global mail the slower one to see how long it would take, was here in a week and a half. Now this makes me wonder if i can get it from a site why can't i get it from romstar? never once did he offer to pay me back or anything just promised me countless times id get them. Some members from the site reimbursed me my money as they felt bad I had been ripped off by a senior member of theirs, he was kicked and banned and added to bad sellers list where alot more people had told about how he had ripped them off.

Believe it or not, I don’t know if my post will get deleted or I will get banned as everyone seems to love him. Sure he’s very knowledgeable in his field but I just thought you should know what he is like, the thing that makes me doubt him as that never did he even offer to reimburse me my money, just kept promising that they would come.

Sigh.

Zeke
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Re: Romstar

It's good that you let this story out. I mean you already told me and dour but evryone needs to know stuff like this.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Slashmoo

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm sure it will get deleted or something as he is no Co-admin and will find someway to get out of the situation but yeah.
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:59 am

In case you didnt see it.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=707
<<

Slashmoo

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:22 pm

Romstar.

I said to you when we started talking.

Did you get the picks back from customs as they were stuck in customs you said.

And i said ok then you mentioned did i still want them sent out?

I don't care about the picks anymore. Like i said to you when you told me you would send them If i dont see them in the mail dont worry about it because i knew the problem would arise again just like it did all the other times.

But no no you insisted on sending them out because "Your not a complete asshole" was something you said after i told you if i dont get them then dont worry about it.

I only mentioned it on LP101 after 5-6 months of not recieving them which is when you were banned which was when amazingly everyone else started speaking out on run ins they had with you, then Mr.Picks reimbursed my money. Why i didnt bother telling you about it because i heard for a short amount of time after i had left the scene you were back on the site to be kicked off again and assumed you already knew being friends with them.

"may revist this issue in more detail and Zeke will see a pick set in his mail box." If its already in the mail like you said it was, then this isnt something you should have to worry about?

Like i said don't bother about them i don't want them anymore i bought them myself. When i started talking to you on msn its just you mentioned did i still want them and i even offered you to send you more money as i just wanted the sent which i only just bought myself 3 days ago, i offered to pay for postal and all.

I just wanted people to know because i know there is more then a few people affected by this mainly from LP101. I don't know about other members.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Zeke.
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Banned from lp101? Complaints piling up in relation to similar issues? 3-4 YEARS of failure to deliver?

Romstar... this is kinda screwed. You're not coming off as a "Nice Guy" to me. Like the kid says, if you cant deliver the goods, dont commit to the deal.

When in doubt, keep it out.

Im actually mortified for this guy. When he told me and Ssnor on MSN a few weeks ago about this, I had doubts. because i was part of a community HEADED by you. I'm not so sure I'd like to be a part of a community partly run by someone who might actually own the title of "shady". Lets be honest... whats happened here to Slashmoo is less than perfect... its most unsatisfactory. Anyone in his position would be rightfully angry. He feels ripped off and right now, he certainly is.

You cant push foward excuses like "Life commitments" and expect that to fly man. Everyone has life commitments. No-one is busy for 3-4 years straight.

Poor form Rom.

Slashmoo, I'm surprised you even still have any zest for the hobby at all after an experience like this. Something like that would seriously make me consider finding a new hobby.
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 pm

In romstars defense, I've still got hope. He seems like a nice guy and honestly he's helped me out quite a bit. I mean, I'm the first to not brown nose in times of frustration, but honestly there might be a legit reason for this. I mean, hell, sometimes things may just be fucked up, but who knows for sure.

I'll be the first one to admit I've been waiting since late May, but there too, he also was making me 8 picks by hand and giving them cork handles, plus, I'd rather wait for the goods and get some quality work than get a rushed job and get sub-par quality.
<<

Slashmoo

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Well hope it works out for you moose.

Zeke.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 pm

Damn, I haven't heard this much whining and sniveling since they quit serving footlong hotdogs to the gals at the sexaholics anonymous meetings.

Christ on a crutch, let it go will you?

Next thing you know, you ladies will be hitting each other with your handbags.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4aHrRocA3E[/youtube]
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 am

The kids got a point HallisChambers. Romstar gives shit service. Its Slashmoo's right to bitch about it. Even Romstar agrees he's hopeless on following up on his promises. "Good will" or no. So stfu HallisChambers. If you don't like whats been written here, don't waste our time in return by posting YOUR problem(Complaints/whining/sniveling) with it, hypocrite.
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:20 am

Moose. Dude. Late may was 3 months ago. A handmade set doesn't take that long. I don't know how much you paid, but you should be mad as hell reguardless. In the future you should see a pic of your custom set on today's newspaper before you send anyone money. No guarantee, but better than a promise. You should be able to trust a co-administrator, moderator.

Romstar, I can appreciate the mailing difficulty and the life problems, but seriously I have read DOZENS of the same excuses and posts of people sticking up for who have received nothing so far. If you cannot deliver then do not accept money. I hate to bring grudges of other members to different sites, but it needs to be heard you are somewhat unreliable.

That being said I am a supporter of yours. I really enjoy all of the experienced input you give to the community. You are a huge personality among the locksporting group and I hope you continue to be around dispite any ill will from members. Send Moose his set.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:29 am

Houndour wrote:The kids got a point HallisChambers. Romstar gives Sh!t service. Its Slashmoo's right to bitch about it. Even Romstar agrees he's hopeless on following up on his promises. "Good will" or no. So stfu HallisChambers. If you don't like whats been written here, don't waste our time in return by posting YOUR problem(Complaints/whining/sniveling) with it, hypocrite.

Jeez, Dour, buddy, when you go in attack mode you go after everybody don't you?

You are correct, the kid has a right to bitch, and you have a legitimate right to say what you want. But I think free speech means just that. So please allow me the same right to throw in my 2 cents worth. A free exchange of ideas and comments is not being hypocritical - no matter how unpopular or against the grain it may be to others.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your opinion, and my character defects as pointed out by you will be duly noted.

Dour - I will fight to the death to protect your right to call me an asshole.
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:28 am

You sir, are made of win. *bows*
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Oh boy ! i've had a few picks on order from Romstar for over 2 months at
least and just assumed he is a very busy chap .
You may be plesantly surprised guys maybe he's just like UK public transport , not very prompt but gets there in the end ! (woohoo)
Open Sez Me !
<<

safety0ff

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:17 pm

I thought all of this was old news, all the way back to early '07. Alot of this could have been found with a little digging.

Anyone else check the good/bad buyer seller's list on ezp?
Romstar wrote:Someone is gonna put me on the beware list soon enough. It will take some time before that changes, so until further notice, include MY name in the beware section until you get information from someone else who is happy after dealing with me.

Might as well be consistent.
Romstar

P.S. If you have an outstanding deal with me, contact me by PM with your information, and I will make good. I'm done being pissed off at certain people, and it's time I stopped making other people suffer for that. I have know of a few who are active here.

The list on lp101? Did any one check if he had some good business before trading with him?

nozza36 wrote:You may be plesantly surprised guys maybe he's just like UK public transport , not very prompt but gets there in the end ! (woohoo)
So is that a +1 or have you not received your stuff yet? Your post wasn't too clear, I was thrown off by the "may be."
Houndour wrote:I'm not so sure I'd like to be a part of a community partly run by someone who might actually own the title of "shady".
You've got to understand that some one's reputation on a forum (gained through quality posts) does not necessarily give any insight into how things will go in a trade/sale/purchase. I wouldn't be so fickle, buyer beware.

Now, this post didn't start as an attack but rather to inform. To those who skewed it towards the bitch fit side of things, it can be a sign of immaturity.

@mo0se:
I would have waited for pictures before money, to know if Romstar is a good pick maker, to know what I'm getting, etc. In the terms of what you two agreed to was there a time frame set? (*life lesson right here*) Or was it the type of thing that Romstar said he'd do in spare time or such? On one hand, if it was a leisure time type thing it can easily be procrastinated for extended periods of time, but if it was something that was expected to be done within a few weeks, 3 months is a long time. Have you had any updates? pics, tracking #'s, etc?

Anyways, hope I'm not making an ass of myself, best regards all.
Next

Return to Random Banter