FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Auction booty

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Auction booty

http://imgur.com/a/rPMtr

These are the items I was fortunate to get at a hardware store/lumberyard live auction this past Saturday in a small, sleepy Wisconsin town. The black key machine is an Ilco 3100 automatic and the other is a Curtis 4K manual. The key rack contained approx. 3000 blanks.I wrapped it for transport and yes, some keys did fall off. The key rack door was only opened by me that day as I kept a close eye (from afar) on anyone inspecting it. Yes, behind the door it was loaded with boxes of blanks and and key rings and extra cutting wheels (still in wax). The high bidder got the key rack with choice of key machine and the 2 pinning kits on top of rack. I chose the Ilco. That came to $250. The Curtis sold separately for $25. I paid a total of $275, no tax, no buyer's premium and my time and gas.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Auction booty

Damn...you suck!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:25 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:Damn...you suck!

Thanks for the encouraging words, Jeff ! Something I just noticed is I called the black machine an Ilco when it says Curtis right on top.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:22 am

It was probably made by Ilco...lol
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:It was probably made by Ilco...lol

Probably. They also have made machines for Hillman.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:20 am

Yeah Bitbuster, I have the same machine here in Oz. Mine is orange, has Ilco serials, but is branded Dominion Lock. DL was pretty big here in the 70's and 80's, seemed the had the market for key duplication, but they've long since disappeared. Dominion was a Canadian brand, right?

If your interested, I can go and take a look at the model and branding of mine a bit closer and take some pics. I also picked mine up cheap, (not quite as cheap as yours ;)) and have so far left it on the shelf for parts, and or later use.

-adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:22 am

Dominion Lock was based in Canada, Ilco bought them at some point - don't know exactly what year.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Haha! Always nice to see your latest score. Thanks for rubbing it in :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Random Banter