FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Panic rooms

<<

ARF-GEF

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Panic rooms

As I heard you need some flexibility to withstand a torando so just plain brick or concrete won't be as effective. (of course ain't no tornado gona tear up a meter thick wall of conrete, but you get it, it's a matter of cost as well.)
But I too am amazed why they make even higher up houses in the US from wood. I get that it's cheap, but bricks last so much longer and withstand a lot more.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 am

my safe room would be an under ground escape rout. a false wall in my basement, bolted from the inside. a small room with weapons, and food ,water, and ventilation. the other end of the tunnel ends at my shed were i have get away veicales ready -
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 am

The company I work for has installed more than a few vault doors leading into underground rooms that are essentially extended stay panic rooms. One of the more recent ones I heard about had five gun safes installed within, air tanks, dry goods, 55 gallon drums of water, hidden air vents at the surface that can be sealed air tight, gun ports at the vents and the vents are armored. Apparently the guy does not believe in credit or checks, paid for everything in cash. The door was so large it had to be drop shipped to his house on a semi trailer. The guys who installed it said it looked like the door to NORAD.
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I think it would be awesome to get a missile silo or a missile command bunker and turn that into a house! It's been done, there was even a site selling them either as is or converted. It's designed to protect from MISSILES, for heaven's sake! Plus, you're underground. Add charcoal and HEPA filtration, and good seals, and you can stop chemical/bio contamination.

Plus, you can laugh at even the meanest tornadoes as they rip by overhead! Someone on youtube had a vid of an underground bunker with chem/bio filtration, water supply, generator, etc, made custom in their backyard!
Previous

Return to Random Banter