FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I need help with buying my meds!

<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 am

I need help with buying my meds!

I'm in afghanistan, I have 40 days left of my Hydrochlorothiazide / Triamterene pills. its for high blood pressure, its just a water pill, a diuretic. makes me piss out the water my body retains, so my heart doesnt have to pump as hard, and keep me from being hypertensive and an asshole. (as some of you have witnessed)

I normally get my pills from the Veterans Association, but they will take 2 weeks to send them to my mom, or to my APO AE mailing address, based out of new york, and from either of those 2 destinations, it could take a month for it to get to me. so im in a hurry, to not only order some from the VA, but im going to buy some from another source, and have them sent to me directly, and some sent to my mom directly, in case either of those 2 sources get lost in the mail.

long story shot, i want to buy some online, and have them mailed to me, just in case the VA cant get them to me in time.

i tried canadarx.com (canada) but they want proof of prescription, even tho i have that, im in afghanistan, so i dont have it on me lol. someone has suggested austrailia but i fear that would take it a long time to get from auzzie land to my new york APO AE box, then to me in afghanistan. is there any other ideas you guys have?

its just a water pill, you wouldnt think such a thing would be so hard to get, but it is.

its

HCTZ 25mg / Triamterene 37.5mg Tab

i need suggestions on where online i can order some without having to jump through some hoops.

P.S.
seeing as how this drug isnt a narcotic or a drug that alters your mind, i hope this post isnt considered inappropriate. i have a proper prescription for this medication.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 am

Re: I need help with buying my meds!

I don't know which I'm more shocked at, that the military doesn't have your meds there or that you are. I've heard about officers being held from deployment for not having a dental checkup and you are taking water pills for a heart condition.

I had to take one of the Phillipino workers that was working for my company to the army doctor in Nasiriyah and she told me to get him off base immediately and he could only come back with a doctors note that he had the proper medication and that was because he had high blood pressure. (He was being seen for the thousands of mosquito bites)
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

I'm a PMC now, a private military contractor, the fucking medics out here are not allowed to come near us unless were in danger of us losing 'life, limb, or eyesight'.
i have the VA meds on order, but i need a back up plan. i live in the mountains, and mail only comes once every 2 weeks, on foot! yeah, they bring in our mail on a foot patrol. so when we do get it, were lucky if what were expecting, is even there. you no shit have a 50/50 chance of getting anything you are expecting out here.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu May 24, 2012 5:25 pm

If you're in communication with a physician, either your doctor back home or one contracted by your PMC over there, ask him about the possibility of slightly cutting back your dosage in order to extend the supply you currently have. It won't work if it's a time-release/extended-release type of capsule, but if it's the type of pill that's scored so it can be broken into halves or quarters it's a consideration.

I know some hydrochlorothiazide users still see therapeutic effects from it's use even at a lower dosage but I don't know about Triamterene. Try to get a call or email in to your doctor, because if he does say you can scale back your dosage to extend your supply, the sooner you do it the longer it'll last.

As for verification of your prescription for a pharmacy, neither is a controlled substance prescription so a faxed copy should be sufficient for any pharmacy. Even if you don't have a copy, your doctor back in the US should be able to write one up and fax it off to them.

Return to Random Banter