FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

SecuritySnobs

<<

WhiteGraphite

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

SecuritySnobs

Just wondering has anybody purchased any locks from this company? Placed an order Sunday 8th Jan and still no sign of them taking money/shipping it! Was ment to be contacted after purchase to arrange shipping, but I never was so I contacted them mysef and got it sorted. Few days passed after that and still nothing so I contacted them again to be told it would ship last Monday, never did :( Is this normal for them?
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: SecuritySnobs

They are currently moving all of their operations so they are having some slight snafus. Contact them again, preferably by phone. They really are a great company.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

WhiteGraphite

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Aha! That would explain it. Thanks Riyame!
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

they did this to me and eventually i got them to upgrade my shipping for free
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:19 pm

I ordered a medeco biaxial from them on last friday i believe. It hasn't arrived yet but that might be just because it has only been 4 business days (counting monday as a holiday). btw, is their medeco https://securitysnobs.com/Medeco-Biaxia ... -Lock.html the same one as http://mitchcapper.com/gallery/rcache/7 ... 90b0c6.jpg with the mushroom pins and sidebar? just making sure i bought the right one
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm

The Medeco locks are pinned randomly, but usually come with atleast 1 mushroom pin and it does come with a sidebar.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 pm

ok, thanks. i haven't been able to get practice with any security pins at all so im really interested to see what they're like :)
<<

Violaetor

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:01 pm

If you've never been introduced to security pins, boy are you ever skipping a few steps! :shock:
Probably not the best lock to choose to 'learn', but great for a challenge I'm sure.

A lot of off the shelf padlocks have security pins mostly spools/serrated to learn and get a feel for before adding a sidebar to the mix.

No discouragement intended, best of luck though.
Looking to get something made? Send me a PM!
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Violaetor wrote:A lot of off the shelf padlocks have security pins mostly spools/serrated to learn and get a feel for before adding a sidebar to the mix.

:agree: Try an American in my opinion. Decent keyway, a mushroom pin or two and everything is serrated. A110 is what I've been playing with.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:51 pm

WhiteGraphite wrote:Just wondering has anybody purchased any locks from this company? Placed an order Sunday 8th Jan and still no sign of them taking money/shipping it! Was ment to be contacted after purchase to arrange shipping, but I never was so I contacted them mysef and got it sorted. Few days passed after that and still nothing so I contacted them again to be told it would ship last Monday, never did :( Is this normal for them?

I just called the guy who fills those orders. He apologized for the delay. Apparently there were some delays due to being snowed in and lengthy power outages. He said he will email you once he's able and your package should ship within the next couple of days.
<<

WhiteGraphite

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:00 pm

I just recieved 2 e-mails from Security Snobs, the first being that my order has been processed and the second one explaining about the delay, which was in no way Security Snobs fault :) Severe weather with power loss as a result being the culprits. Thanks for all the replys and special thanks to elbowmacaroni!
<<

WhiteGraphite

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 pm

MBI wrote:
WhiteGraphite wrote:Just wondering has anybody purchased any locks from this company? Placed an order Sunday 8th Jan and still no sign of them taking money/shipping it! Was ment to be contacted after purchase to arrange shipping, but I never was so I contacted them mysef and got it sorted. Few days passed after that and still nothing so I contacted them again to be told it would ship last Monday, never did :( Is this normal for them?

I just called the guy who fills those orders. He apologized for the delay. Apparently there were some delays due to being snowed in and lengthy power outages. He said he will email you once he's able and your package should ship within the next couple of days.

Gdi I shoud refresh before posting! Thanks for that :)

Return to Random Banter