FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Where do you store your picks?

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 pm

Where do you store your picks?

I thought this would be a simple question to see a general consensus of where these things are kept...

I personally have one shitload of picks... I keep the majority of my collection in a fairly large toolbox (nearly filling it i might add) inside a huge tacbox with all my other locksmithing items (that are not for sale) this box has a lock on it but it is not locked, Instead I use a S&G 8077 combination padlock on the built in hasp sothat i have no worries of losing a key with all my picking tools locked inside...

I have a small set in my wallet (homebrew credit card set) and a small set in my car (jacknife) aswell, for emergencies.

My picks i take "on the job" with me are in the large tacbox outside the toolbox that contains my collection... these on the job picks are mostly peterson with sparrows tensors... all things that can be replaced easily if damaged or lost... Id hate to lose a ratyoke pick somewherer ya kno.

anyway... where do you keep your picks?
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Where do you store your picks?

My collection is fairly small, I have Peterson "The City" set that I keep on my desk. I have an abandoned Southord set on the shelf above me and a small stack of abandoned project picks and wrenches on the other side of the shelf. The custom picks that I've deemed "good enough" are there with the Petersons.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I have 20 picks, I just counted. I have a mix of HPC, Sparrows, and Peterson. I've also got 2 that Chris made me custom.
I have mostly generic tension wrenches but also a peterson prybar and 3 rhyno wrenches from hookedupinc.

Everything fits into a case from sparrows.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

pin_pusher

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

an old 'federal' firesafe from Sears, as old as the parents...
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

I have the large Sparrows case with a full set of Sparrows rakes (can't beat these for raking locks while working) 4 full width Peterson picks, 3 slenders, Peterson prybar, a full set of sparrows tensors and broken Southord pick that I ground down the tip to rekey Kwikset Smart key locks. I bought a dogtag from Walmart with my name and phone number in case I ever lose it and attached that to the zipper.

At home I have some Peterson picks and a couple prybars on my desk next to my vise. I make it a habit to pick an American lock every morning and every night just to keep the feeling of spools and serrated pin on my fingertips. I hope to have a large collection one day of some nice picks.
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 am

i got a normal southord pick set as well as a sparrows and gosu, i removed all the auto tools from the gosu set and i shoved all the rest of the picks inside that case.. with my dimple pick and the rest of the picks i own and other picking tools are kept in a toolbag i can carry around with me if needed.. i have a jackknife on my keychain as well as always a short hook and 2 tension tool in my backback, i usually carry the one packed picks set with me if im going to work
<<

sbear2000

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 am

I got a southord pxs-17 and a credit card pick set and a pick gun all in desk drawer not many but a start lol
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:53 pm

In my wallet are: bogota titans, Peterson pry bar, homemade auto jiggler key and warded padlock key. Pick sets include: peterson 9pc GS minus plug spinner (sold) replaced by peterson's padlock picks and southern specialties auto jigglers. Old hpc set (gift from another retired locksmith), Old southord snap case with odds and ends. Lock Technology foreign rocker picks, TOOOL set w/ case, and a Credit card set (novelty). Everything sits patiently in a Safe.
<<

whizdumb

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5911&hilit=little+black+bag

Hope that answers your question. Thats were I store my commonly used picks. My spares, backups and less used picks find themselves in a drawer in my desk.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:25 pm

whizdumb81 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5911&hilit=little+black+bag

fucking awsome
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 pm

this is where the bulk of my picking tools are except for the small set i keep on me at all times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:58 pm

This is where all my tools are. If i need to take them with me I use the Southord MPXS-62 case which is EXCELLENT.

Picture 280.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image

Return to Random Banter