FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Why do YOU pick locks?

<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:37 am

Re: Why do YOU pick locks?

usmcboltaction wrote:I am in a bad mood and watchin it makes me happy. I just want to spread the joy. :D

Ah, yes. That video always cheers me up too. :D
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:40 pm

Thas my favorite lockpicking video of all time. It really shows us why people pick. I mean that rush, even though most hide it, and that joy, even though we always celebrate it quietly, is what we work for. That, and being a bad ass with your fingers.

I hear that women love a man who can handle his picks, something about how a man sensitive with his fingers can really work their keyway... :D
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 am

m0ose wrote:Thas my favorite lockpicking video of all time. It really shows us why people pick. I mean that rush, even though most hide it, and that joy, even though we always celebrate it quietly, is what we work for. That, and being a bad ass with your fingers.

I hear that women love a man who can handle his picks, something about how a man sensitive with his fingers can really work their keyway... :D

But if someone is watching then you have to act cool about it, like you had no doubt you could open the lock cause you are so damn good.

oh, and where are these women? Maybe I just need to improve my skills and they will all come looking for me.?
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Bout 4 years ago there was a guy called Thomas Soloman (an American escapologist) on english t,v and he was opening everything, i mean safes, padlocks, handcuffs, wheel clamps etc, and i was mesmerised, few years later i saw lockylew on y,t.... So I sent him some locks i couldn,t open and bam!!!! i was so impressed i wanted a slice of the action the rest is history (Finger)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

BonutDot

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 am

Honestly? Because my favorite character in Hero's Quest (now Quest for Glory) was the thief, and he could pick locks and it sounded awesome. I think I was like 8 or something. When I was around 13, it hit me that picking locks wasn't just a videogame trick, and that people could actually open locks without the key.

That's why I pick locks. Sierra Online is directly responsible for it.
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 am

BonutDot wrote:Honestly? Because my favorite character in Hero's Quest (now Quest for Glory) was the thief, and he could pick locks and it sounded awesome. I think I was like 8 or something. When I was around 13, it hit me that picking locks wasn't just a videogame trick, and that people could actually open locks without the key.

That's why I pick locks. Sierra Online is directly responsible for it.

Lol, that's like me. Whenever I played The Elder Scolls III: Morrowind, I'd always play as a Kajit Thief born under The Thief. Half way through the game I'd have my Sneak and Security (Security being the skill of picking locks and disarming traps) just about maxed. It really is fun to do. :P
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:55 am

I used to like playing thieves when I played dungeons and dragons in high school. Maybe thats the real reason I pick locks now?
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:23 am

usmcboltaction wrote:Kids these days :roll:

Yeah, I know...what ever happened with bottle rocket wars and chasing each other with BB guns playing soldier? Shit, the only padding we wore was a t-shirt...no safety glasses, no kneepads, or funny helmets.

Poor bastards.

;)
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:26 am

lmao, Safety glasses?! You crack me up HC. As if there was anything ever invented as ridiculously pedantic as Glasses made for safety.

*Monty whispers something to Dour*

:/ You can not be serious. Well I'll be f...
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 am

Houndour wrote:lmao, Safety glasses?! You crack me up HC. As if there was anything ever invented as ridiculously pedantic as Glasses made for safety.

Well, I really don't know what they are called in the land of Oz, but have you ever done any arc welding?

When you chip that slag off the weld and a chunk of hot steel sizzles your eyeball - you'll figure out right quick what those eyeball cover-uppers are called and what they are used for. :lol:
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am

haha, another one of the famous hallis pictures to back up your posts (LOL)
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
Houndour wrote:lmao, Safety glasses?! You crack me up HC. As if there was anything ever invented as ridiculously pedantic as Glasses made for safety.

Well, I really don't know what they are called in the land of Oz, but have you ever done any arc welding?

When you chip that slag off the weld and a chunk of hot steel sizzles your eyeball - you'll figure out right quick what those eyeball cover-uppers are called and what they are used for. :lol:

lmao. Thats hawte!
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Pure and simple , it's a challenge ! and the buzz you get when a lock
pops for the first time .
Secondly it is very helpful in my job , and i would love to become adept enough to maybe work in this field as a main source of income ! :idea:
Open Sez Me !
<<

vision688

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 pm

been into padlocks since i was twelve just started picking over a year ago when i saw a video on youtube and the hobby took off from their
<<

morrowind107

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:40 pm

i dont know, it may be the plesure you get from opening a lock you have been strugeling for hours or just becouse the little child in you think its fun

and my teacher on school did not like at all that i picked locks as a hobby.. i was picking a lock in class 'couse we had nothing else to do and he actually took my picks and said he was going to report me to the police...
All hail the hypnotoad!
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter