FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Why do YOU pick locks?

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 am

Re: Why do YOU pick locks?

I did it cause all the cool kids were doing it...

It's something I thought was cool when I was a kid, and I still think its cool to pick locks. My friend's dad is a locksmith and my friend has some lock picking skills, so I wanted to learn too. I also like working with my hands, and I always like to have something in my hands to play with, like tools or parts, preferably something metal, so now I just practice picking my locks instead of playing with some other toy. And its really satisfying to pick a lock. I love tools, any kind of tools, and picking locks is also a good excuse to buy more tools and make tools.
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Lockylew wrote:haha, snor how could you leave such a detail out :D

It felt so obvious so it wasn't worth mentioning! :lol:
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Umm I don't feel like typing alot so simple put it is a skill that very few people know and many need (at sometime or another) so I learned this skill to help those people (if posible) and maybe make it into a job one day.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I pick locks because .....not any 2 locks are ever the same - its the puzzle factor as well , the skill required especially to SPP
The buzz you get when the lock pops open ! locks are suppose to be opened by keys (yer right) i wanted a hobby and we found each other - lockpicking will always be part of me. :D
I dont bother telling people - "oh i pick locks" and somtimes i hope people dont ask me when out with friends ect !!! other people's reaction is " dodgy not right in head PERSON " but i dont like to lie - as i have nothing to hide !

PICKING LOCKS IS A CHALLENGE & ADDICTIVE ! A VERY REWARDING HOBBY.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:21 am

I have only told my good friends about my hobby. My parents found out about it and they don't like it. At my job I spend a lot of time sitting alone with nothing to do, so I bring my picks and locks, but I put them away when other people are around. I think most people who don't pick locks don't understand why someone would do it other than to steal. I don't want to take a chance that people are going to look at me as a thief, so I don't tell them.
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:53 am

Heh, my parent actually encourage me.:D My grandma even promised to buy me new locks.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 am

It doesn't say that you can't sniff it on the bottle! It only says no contact with skin or eyes!
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:59 am

usmcboltaction wrote:My parents have no say in the matter. They are not the boss of me cause I am all grown up. 8-)

It's not like their disapproval would stop me. ;)
<<

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Snor wrote:
usmcboltaction wrote:My parents have no say in the matter. They are not the boss of me cause I am all grown up. 8-)

It's not like their disapproval would stop me. ;)

always listen to your parents kids ;)
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:04 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:
Snor wrote:Heh, my parent actually encourage me.:D My grandma even promised to buy me new locks.

My parents have no say in the matter. They are not the boss of me cause I am all grown up. 8-)

haha, I'm all grown up too, and my parents have no say in the matter, but they want to have a say.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:06 pm

haha, theres just no stopping them is there
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:51 am

yeah my dad brags about me to his locksmith at his work...
just cause i can pick better than them... :P
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:01 pm

I pick locks because of the skill that it takes, (I don't have much w/this b/c I just started) and that it is a skill that not very many people posess! :mrgreen: Plus, if a crazy guy kidnaps me and locks me somewhere, I could escape!!!
This is a little (Off Topic) but does anyone have any tips for picking locks with pin tumblers (masterlock #3)? I would appreciate your help!!!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Jinglesanator wrote:I pick locks because of the skill that it takes, (I don't have much w/this b/c I just started) and that it is a skill that not very many people posess! :mrgreen: Plus, if a crazy guy kidnaps me and locks me somewhere, I could escape!!!
This is a little (Off Topic) but does anyone have any tips for picking locks with pin tumblers (masterlock #3)? I would appreciate your help!!!

Master No. 3 was the first lock I spent time trying to pick. After I got the tension down it was simple. I heard to think of the pressure you put on a keyboard key, and use something in that range.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:31 am

what the hell is up with the posting of this video everyware
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter