FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mailing Locks... OMG

<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Mailing Locks... OMG

haha, yup, i remember how shocked "fordfromthebay" was when he sent me a packge lol. it was something like $30 but what was stupid was he was sending it from germany where he was based so why it cost that much i don't know. alot more of that to come i'm afraid :(

Lew
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:04 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:it is amazing how much sending 5 pounds accross the world can cost. :-) And yes - there is way more of that to come. I may have to actually add "lockpicking" as a buget catagory in my finances! LOL

haha, join the club :D
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote: I may have to actually add "lockpicking" as a buget catagory in my finances! LOL

Oh and don't forget...the Post Office can increase their rates with no input from the public, no matter how crappy the service.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Maaan. I'd have gone flat rate international envelope ($11.95/4lb weight limit) at that point. Just get an envelope and send it in two if you had to. Tape the edges and send it on it's way. $40 is quite sick.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:The flat rate is 38 bucks. I wasnt about to unwrap everything and re-wrap it for a buck and some change. LOL We checked at the counter to see how much it was to go both ways.

Thing is, I just wasnt prepared. :-) I send out carepackages all the time to the Marines, and it is always domestic rate, even though they are going over seas. I had in my head domestic rates, so when she told me the cost I about choked LOL.

Dour better love me GOOD for this. hahahahaha

Lol, I see. Well, was it flat rate box or envelope? You can get away with an envelope which is $12 per envelope anywhere, but the boxes are whores. :P
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:It was the boxes. I was afraid that the envelope would not hold the locks very well. :-) So it is a small, HEAVY little box on its way to Oz now. My mail clerk just laughed when I told her I was sending locks. i dont think anything suprises her anymore.

Lol, I'm the type to say I'm mailing my cousin, that way he gets good air fare. :P
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:10 pm

I wonder what it will cost me to send something to usa. I live in Sweden so its a pretty long way to go.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm

flat rates are a must. and yeah the envelopes will hold the locks... they will handle it with special care because of its weight... which means that they will carefully place it in the out box while your standing there and then when you leave they will throw it around in back... :roll:
<<

Mrlockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Holy crap.... For a few locks? Dang! Now I know why Wiz won't send me anything :cry:
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Snor wrote:I wonder what it will cost me to send something to usa. I live in Sweden so its a pretty long way to go.
It will depend on the weight of the package man.

I've sent a few packs since starting this hobby.

Sent 8 locks, weighing in at 2.7kg to Canada (Awol) and it cost me 54 Aussie bucks (Which is going very well these days I'll add.)

Sent two locks to Texas (Stace) weighing in at half a kg and it cost me 25 bucks.

Sent a plushie toy and a little notepad over to England (Frantic) weighing in at nearly nothing, and it cost me... i think about 15 bucks.

Postal services have alot to answer for.

This being said, I recieved a pack in the mail earlier this week and it would have weighed more than 2.5kgs easily... easily more than 3 i think and it came from the other side of Australia... I wonder how much that woulda cost haha.

And Stace, I dont love you.

Im OBSESSED!!!

I cant wait for the pack to arrive! ^^;
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:28 am

Houndour wrote:
Snor wrote:I wonder what it will cost me to send something to usa. I live in Sweden so its a pretty long way to go.
It will depend on the weight of the package man.

I've sent a few packs since starting this hobby.

Sent 8 locks, weighing in at 2.7kg to Canada (Awol) and it cost me 54 Aussie bucks (Which is going very well these days I'll add.)

Sent two locks to Texas (Stace) weighing in at half a kg and it cost me 25 bucks.

Sent a plushie toy and a little notepad over to England (Frantic) weighing in at nearly nothing, and it cost me... i think about 15 bucks.

Postal services have alot to answer for.

This being said, I recieved a pack in the mail earlier this week and it would have weighed more than 2.5kgs easily... easily more than 3 i think and it came from the other side of Australia... I wonder how much that woulda cost haha.

And Stace, I dont love you.

Im OBSESSED!!!

I cant wait for the pack to arrive! ^^;

Thanks for the helpful comment. Oh, and you are gonna like the package stace has sent to you! Not telling you whats in there but you are gonna like it.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
<<

WOT

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:51 pm

USPS is driving in the suck direction.

Surface international mail which was economical, but took 1-2 months was discontinued entirely.

Global Priority small envelope (4 x 6" I think) which had a 4 lbs limit and $5.25 to most places was also discontinued.

If you're in the US and have mailing questions post here. I should be able to address most of them.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:11 pm

on the few occasions i,ve sent stuff to usa + canada i,ve never paid more than £5... i can see i,ve gotten off pretty lightly! ( 1 lock + keys ) i think the 1st one i ever sent cost £2.40!! (canada) but be on your toes i,ve just sent one to a guy in usa= a lock plus bonus stuff and the bonus gear has been removed from the package this may be because the bonus stuff wasn,t listed on declaration label??????? :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:02 am

Oh dear... Yeah... let em know EXACTLY whats in there haha. Kinda... just account for every item.. even if your not being honest about those items.
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 am

frantic57744 wrote:on the few occasions i,ve sent stuff to usa + canada i,ve never paid more than £5... i can see i,ve gotten off pretty lightly! ( 1 lock + keys ) i think the 1st one i ever sent cost £2.40!! (canada) but be on your toes i,ve just sent one to a guy in usa= a lock plus bonus stuff and the bonus gear has been removed from the package this may be because the bonus stuff wasn,t listed on declaration label??????? :D

That sucks. But it's good that you are sharing so that others don't make the same mistake.

Return to Random Banter