FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Getting a Piercing...

Read the post!

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes : 13
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Getting a Piercing...

I'd like to know your guy's opinion, oh, and that female chick's too. :P

What I'm thinking of is getting, possibly, a barbell Daith.

Yes or no. :)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Getting a Piercing...

first off,do u have any existing piercings ?
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:47 pm

not looking good on the poll lol
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 pm

At the moment, no current piercings. Though, I could shove a stud through my old hole if I wanted to. Stupid woman made it so crooked out the back I could never do it myself, and I never had the balls to do it again.

Also, I keep my hair trim and neat. I'm a college student, no job, living at home. So I am not limited by work either. Plus, from past experiences with other people, taking care of it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, as is expected with most piercings, the average little bit of pus doesn't bother me, and my girlfriend is into it as well, so long as I keep it clean and keep me safe. She thinks it will look "hot and spicy."

Oh, and on another note. I'm planning on doing a small barbell I can remove easily, as opposed to one of the non-removable hoops. Even though it costs me extra to get the jewelry that I can take out, it's worth it in case I do plan on taking up work that requires it, once it's healed that is. Because frankly, I know what those God damn 19 year old cart pushers are hiding under that bandaid. I can see the damn outline! Pull it the fuck out! Because damn it, it makes them look daft. And frankly, I'd like to save looking daft for when I dye my hair blue and go into Algebra 2. :)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 pm

m0ose wrote:At the moment, no current piercings. Though, I could shove a stud through my old hole if I wanted to. Stupid woman made it so crooked out the back I could never do it myself, and I never had the balls to do it again.

Also, I keep my hair trim and neat. I'm a college student, no job, living at home. So I am not limited by work either. Plus, from past experiences with other people, taking care of it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, as is expected with most piercings, the average little bit of pus doesn't bother me, and my girlfriend is into it as well, so long as I keep it clean and keep me safe. She thinks it will look "hot and spicy."

Oh, and on another note. I'm planning on doing a small barbell I can remove easily, as opposed to one of the non-removable hoops. Even though it costs me extra to get the jewelry that I can take out, it's worth it in case I do plan on taking up work that requires it, once it's healed that is. Because frankly, I know what those God damn 19 year old cart pushers are hiding under that bandaid. I can see the damn outline! Pull it the **ck out! Because damn it, it makes them look daft. And frankly, I'd like to save looking daft for when I dye my hair blue and go into Algebra 2. :)

ok, i have six piercings...nipples/navel/3 in left ear,& yes, the ladies like them...
but stace is right ,,,they can be hard to take care of and copious amounts of pus are likely..
i assume you are talking about "captive bead" when you say non-removable..?
at any rate, the hoops are the best for quick healing,because they allow air and cleaning solution (use povidone iodine ,"betadine"™or benzalkonium chloride.;a preservative similar to embalming fluid.))to get in where it counts , as well as the orange type of antibacterial soap.;and for *****'s sake dont use anything but high quality surgical stainless jewelry if you do decide to go ahead with this. =) hope that helps.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

m0ose

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:12 pm

awol70 wrote:
m0ose wrote:At the moment, no current piercings. Though, I could shove a stud through my old hole if I wanted to. Stupid woman made it so crooked out the back I could never do it myself, and I never had the balls to do it again.

Oh, and on another note. I'm planning on doing a small barbell I can remove easily, as opposed to one of the non-removable hoops. Even though it costs me extra to get the jewelry that I can take out, it's worth it in case I do plan on taking up work that requires it, once it's healed that is. Because frankly, I know what those God damn 19 year old cart pushers are hiding under that bandaid. I can see the damn outline! Pull it the **ck out! Because damn it, it makes them look daft. And frankly, I'd like to save looking daft for when I dye my hair blue and go into Algebra 2. :)

ok, i have six piercings...nipples/navel/3 in left ear,& yes, the ladies like them...
but stace is right ,,,they can be hard to take care of and copious amounts of pus are likely..
i assume you are talking about "captive bead" when you say non-removable..?
at any rate, the hoops are the best for quick healing,because they allow air and cleaning solution (use povidone iodine ,"betadine"™or benzalkonium chloride.;a preservative similar to embalming fluid.))to get in where it counts , as well as the orange type of antibacterial soap.;and for *****'s sake dont use anything but high quality surgical stainless jewelry if you do decide to go ahead with this. =) hope that helps.

Yeah, I couldn't remember for the life of me what the name was. Captive bead. Thanks. :D

Yeah, pus doesn't bother me, nor does pain. Also, from experience with my gf, my mom, myself, and countless others in the past, jewelry is a pain in the dick and virtually useless unless it's surgical stainless. Tarnishing blows.

Thanks a ton for the advice. :) I'm deff taking everyone's thoughts into account. Because I'm at the point where I really want it, but I've gotta really be smart and weigh the odds.
<<

StabbyJoe

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 am

had a few things to say but people beat me to it! I was thinking about piercings etc but my gf is conservative to say the least...

I agree - no barbell until it's healed... unless you absolutely do not think you can stand the time with the hoop and are willing to take the risk.... my sister is always getting cartilage piercings - as soon as one's done she gets another... they are much worse than just a lobe piercing as far as healing and unsightliness goes.

Heh... was going to mention a couple of thing I've done that my gf didn't approve of so you get the idea, but with family behind me, that's best left for another time.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 am

Well, the only hoop they offer is one of the ones that you can't just take out. The main reason I want the barbell is to take it out. I'm just afraid that if I get the hoop during the duration it takes to heal, I won't be able to take it off. I know they make tools and such, just not sure how all that works.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 am

usmcboltaction wrote:You should not take it out or mess with it for 2-3 months.

Yeah, but beyond that point, is mainly my worry. I'm not sure on the whole deal with getting the hoop removed. I heard a couple people say you can do it with needle nosed pliers, but I'm not sure. Because in the end I'm aiming for a small barbell. Though, if you all say a hoop is better for healing and cleaning, then I plan on doing that, but after that point, how would I go with swapping it out and such.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Listen man, when I turned 18, the first thing I did was get a tattoo - and swore to myself that that would be it.

Thirty-four years, five piercings, and five tattoos later (including a big one that covers my left forearm from wrist to elbow) let me give you some advice.

I'm not going to talk you out of it by any means - besides you probably wouldn't listen if I did.

You are (or will be) an adult and it's a decision you're going to have to deal with. Take it from me, if you want to look different and make a statement about yourself - that's cool - if that is really where you are at.

Rednecks, straights, (cops, employers, even the pimple-faced grocery sacker) and society in general are going to bust your chops overtly and covertly for being outside the norm.

If you can't hack - or walk like you talk it, then you are in a world of grief.

It's gonna take a firm and dedicated commitment on your part to take the crap from the citizens, and then dish it back out.

If you are gonna do it - do it.

But don't do it just to be cool, impress chicks, and be an international man of mystery. Take if from me, as you grow older you'll find that those same chicks that fell for your tattoos and barbells - will drop you like a bag of hammers when some software developer geek pulls up in a Lamborghini convertible with $400 K in disposable income.....

Personally, I enjoyed all my tattoos and I have no regrets. Yeah, I got f**ked with, but screw 'em if they don't like it.

No regrets.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:
m0ose wrote:
usmcboltaction wrote:You should not take it out or mess with it for 2-3 months.

Yeah, but beyond that point, is mainly my worry. I'm not sure on the whole deal with getting the hoop removed. I heard a couple people say you can do it with needle nosed pliers, but I'm not sure. Because in the end I'm aiming for a small barbell. Though, if you all say a hoop is better for healing and cleaning, then I plan on doing that, but after that point, how would I go with swapping it out and such.

As for this...if you get the hoop and let it heal, go back and buy your barbell from a tattoo shop (they have the good Sh!t, and it is already clean), and they will usually put it in for you for free if you ask.

Alrighty then. :D I was just more or less afraid of jumping into it and then being stuck. Mainly because I don't like the idea of taking pliers anywhere near my ear, and knowing how sometimes money for me can be... tight, that's what I'm afraid it may end up. :P

Also, I honestly don't give a damn about people or what they think. I mean, I understand and enjoy when people tell me the risks and advice, but when people look down upon me because of my choices, bah, they can suck my nuts. So I'm not really afraid of that. I come from a house of tattoo loving parents and a mom who's all holed up in the ears due to being a guinea pig when one of he friends started out doing work from home. From that I've learned a lot, and learned to really only care about the people who care about me, because when you've seen and been through what I have, that's what you learn. So fooey on haterz, YEAH! :P

The only actual problem I see is with my dad. He says it's gay, but even with that, he won't tell me no, and when he picks on me for wanting it, we just pick on him back, mainly, "Yeah? Well you sew, cook, and clean." Sure it's all in good fun, but hey, it's also a great defense. :D So even his pickings don't bother me. Which, for me limits the only opposing feature to be pain, cleaning the piercing, and make sure that after it's all healed, I go and get the barbell I want. Oh, and making sure I don't catch that bastard on anything. :P
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 pm

they can suck my nuts

That's funny...I can picture you going up to some nerd at the local Starbucks and saying "Excuse me sir...but where in this fine establishment is the tea-bagging section?"

You know what's even funnier? The sneaking suspicion that they will know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :o

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Oh, and remember...it's only gay if you make eye contact.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:20 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
they can suck my nuts

That's funny...I can picture you going up to some nerd at the local Starbucks and saying "Excuse me sir...but where in this fine establishment is the tea-bagging section?"

You know what's even funnier? The sneaking suspicion that they will know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :o

Lol, saddest thing out of it all, it really does sound like something I would do. :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 am

m0ose wrote:
HallisChalmers wrote:
they can suck my nuts

Lol, saddest thing out of it all, it really does sound like something I would do. :P

:shock: :shock: Oh dear
<<

atomicmufin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Tragus or snake bites, that is, if you wanna do ur lips. i love my bites.
Next

Return to Random Banter