FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Your mobile phone is your key !

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 am

Your mobile phone is your key !

check this out, in Sweden your i-phone is your key to your hotel door ! how long before we all have them on residential doors :cool:

To the future :lsaber: - from Assa-abloy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNhleCZkpqI&feature=pyv&ad=10929439651&kw=door%20lock
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Your mobile phone is your key !

Personally I wouldn't care for it on my own door, but I know so many people that suck at not loosing their keys. :P
<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Re: Your mobile phone is your key !

I think it's a great idea for a hotel room lock. It means not having stress about where the card is etc. I don't think I'd use it for my door simply because if I loose my keys the person who finds it has no idea what lock it opens, however; if someone steals my phone or I loose it and if I store my address on it like a lot of people do then that person now knows where I live and they have a virtual key to my house. Of course this can be simply stopped ( for the most part) but adding a password to open the application to begin with. There are pros and cons to everything but unless they perfect it I won't trust it.
"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction"

Return to Random Banter