FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New 90 Day Rule Poll

Keep the 1 post every 90 days rule?

Yes
44%
No
44%
I am for it, but I think the time should be extended
6%
I am for it, but I think that the time should be decreased
6%

Total votes : 18
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:06 pm

New 90 Day Rule Poll

Ok with the bundle of all for its, and that not for it, I have decided that It would be best to open a poll... do this anonymously if you wish... but if you want your opinion known you can mention it in your post. ;)

Added by Lockylew: for those of you who don't know what the rule is about it dosent mean you can only post once every 90 days, what we are trying to implement is that you make at least one post every 90 days so we know what your intentions are here and that you are alive :D it's mainly to keep out any spammers that may register. you can post anything you want, maybe just a LOL in the joke section, anything you want, you will then be marked off in the mod zone and your identity is confirmed, there are absolutly no limitations set in place on this board, you can post what you want, when you want and however much you want. this is your forum guys, your rules.

Lew

no flaming other's opinions. doing so will result in warning if not worse...
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 am

Re: New 90 Day Rule Poll

i'm not really sure if it is for better or for worse at this stage, there are good reasons for it and against it so that's why we're gonna leave it to you guys to decide.

Lew
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 am

so if you don't post for 90 days is your account deleted or what?
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

m0ose

Post Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 am

Ok, here's my experience and views.

Sometimes when I signup at a new place, I'm not sure what to post. But, there too, those places are also the places that I don't stay around very long at.

My view on this is it is a good thing. I've been on forums where spammers have massed up accounts and waited, only to do a bit of a flood session come 6 months down the road. Plus, if people have a problem with posting, why did they showup on the forum anyways? Lurking is cool, sure, but in essence, us members are the factor that brings in new members. We give eachother things to read. So if we can convert those loose ends into actual posting members, it would be a very good thing.

I do declare that I beg of this rule to not apply to the extent of banning past the first couple of posts. So like, if I get busy in life for a little while, I don't want to come back banned. Though, anyone with 0 posts, I wouldn't mind. They weren't here to post anyways?

So yeah, that's how I feel. Keep the 90 day rule mainly on the nubs, and don't go banning the cool people because they got busy.

Rock on!
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Its a good idea coming from a newbie. i somtimes sign up for forums then wish i never :roll: can see me sticking round here for a while , if you dont mind :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 am

uklockpicker wrote:Its a good idea coming from a newbie. i somtimes sign up for forums then wish i never :roll: can see me sticking round here for a while , if you dont mind :D

i'll get the kettle on :D
<<

WOT

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 am

Well...

Sometimes I just don't have something to start a thread about and if there's not thread I feel like I can add something to, what am I to do?
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 am

WOT wrote:Well...

Sometimes I just don't have something to start a thread about and if there's not thread I feel like I can add something to, what am I to do?

There's always something, and with more and more threads opening daily, there's bound to be at least one you're willing to post in. Even if it's just a couple of lines or maybe a little bit of personal opinion.
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 pm

well we know you fomr other forums and obviously here so we know you are active so we are not gonna push you to post, it's more for the newly registered with 0 posts.

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:

Well...

You have 90 days to think up something. I know you are up to that task. ;)

Yeah, since he just accomplished another 90 days of life with that post alone. :P
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm

you have posted 14 times in the last 2 months so once every 3 shouldn't be a challenge to you. ;)
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 am

Romstar wrote:Bring on the newbs.

Agreed! They ask some of the best questions too! Mainly because some of them make me feel smart when I actually know. :P
<<

Thumporbump

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Lockylew wrote:i'll get the kettle on :D

I'll have 2 sugars if theres anything left in the pot, stick it back on the stove if its cold :D

Return to Random Banter