FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Non-Binding Poll: Return of the Banned

What would you do?

Shit can the offender
60%
Let him stay, but make him apologize publicly
40%

Total votes : 20
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Non-Binding Poll: Return of the Banned

Let's say you own a forum and you banned a guy for being obnoxious, didn't follow the rules, and was a general pain in the ass to everyone on the forum - due to his immaturity.

Now you find out he has set up a new account (in direct violation of the rules) and is deceitfully playing along as if he's a new member - playing us - and YOU for a SUCKER. :bird:

What do you do? :akimbo: Malleus Maximus again? :hammer:

That's my conundrum right now.
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Non-Binding Poll: Return of the Banned

I say let him stay, maybe he learned his lesson, he might have copped on there's pleanty to be gained by being a 'good' member. i'm all for second chances, but not thirds.
I likes my locks like I likes my women, loose and easy to manipulate.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Maybe set up a probationary level rating. Watch his behavior for a preset time frame. If he behaves, increase his priviledges. If not, keep him out.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Steve

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

i say if he put in the effort to create a new user and not be a douche to everyone, he is trying to change his ways to be helpful, although that doesnt mean we slack on him and let him go unnoticed on here. we should make him give a public apology and if he ends up doing what he did before i say perma ban.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
Now you find out he has set up a new account (in direct violation of the rules) and is deceitfully playing along as if he's a new member - playing us - and YOU for a SUCKER. :bird:

That's my conundrum right now.

I say feed his ass to the fishes!!!! Unless he is special and gets to circumvent the rules :???: . If it is who I think it is he is not contributing now and he did not contribute then. Maybe I am just old and mean but your rules are your rules.
<<

mbpick34

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:25 pm

well rules are rules like kokomo said, some make them some break them and some live by them kinda
in my opinion there is no point in having rules if dont enforce these rules
<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:47 pm

As you all probably know i was piepie.....

I was a dam fucking asshole on my last account.I was rude and inconsiderate to fellow members.Going through school last year was tough, with dim witted liberal teachers, and i was bringing it out on everyone else... I am extremely sorry for anyone i offended, pissed off... I have come back, acting civilized like a normal teenager. I am not a hacker scammer or spammer. I have an interest in lockpicking and locks. I have come back with the intention to learn and act civilized, get along with fellow members. I was being a jackass in the chat, and i finally learned how to behave on an online forum.
~Velvokay
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:47 pm

So talks like a duck is that same ol' duck? I'd say you were more than fair the first time HC. Feels like duck season to me :armed:

edit: Damn, one post too late... you should have appealed to Hallis' instead of trying to sneak past him.
<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Hallis, rules are rules and I think you probably warned him plenty before you banned him. If you decide he deserves another shot that's completely up to you. What happens if everyone you banned wants back? Do they all get the same deal? Plenty here to think about.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I would say make him apologize to the forum and let him be, but I just found out it was piepie. Everybody gave him more chances to straighten up than the normal person gets. I am really sorry Velvokay but I can hardly believe your any different now than you was before. Hallis, do what you got to do. Your the owner and I think everyone else would agree with the decision that your going to have to make.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Grandpa wrote:Hallis, rules are rules and I think you probably warned him plenty before you banned him. If you decide he deserves another shot that's completely up to you. What happens if everyone you banned wants back? Do they all get the same deal? Plenty here to think about.

the lockpickkid wrote:I would say make him apologize to the forum and let him be, but I just found out it was piepie. Everybody gave him more chances to straighten up than the normal person gets. I am really sorry Velvokay but I can hardly believe your any different now than you was before. Hallis, do what you got to do. Your the owner and I think everyone else would agree with the decision that your going to have to make.

Grandpa, you, the Kid, and others have a point - rules are rules. And normally, I don't give anybody a second chance - I just stomp the shit out of them, whistle a tune, and move on.

However, piepie aka velvokay is a 14 year old kid.

Of course, being a kid is not an excuse - although it seems to be a common "go-to" reason every time a so called juvenile breaks the law now days.

Honestly, I don't claim to posses the wisdom of King Solomon - but I think banning is just too easy. People need to take responsibility for their actions, suffer the consequences - and pay the price.

Velvokay, I understand that you supposedly had a tough time with your finals, etc..

Well, boo-fucking-hoo.

Quit your whining and man-up.

You don't know how easy you have it. Wait until you sprout some hair on your sack and take on some of the responsibilities of being a man: work, bills, kids, wife, taxes, insurance, idiots at work - idiots on the road - idiots everywhere. Then talk to me about pressure.

Consequently, I've decided to suspend your account for sixty (60)days, effective as of midnight, tonight. After the suspension, your account will be reactivated and you can join the forum. But this is your LAST break, you got that?

However, if I get one complaint about you from any member of the forum - or any moderator catches you screwing up - you're toast.

Velvokay - don't take my generosity in this matter as a sign of weakness. Things can change quickly.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:29 pm

good call.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm

I agree with Awol, I think the suspension is a good call, who knows, maybe this guy can come up with some new exciting post content, we are never going to get enough good posts. I hope it all works out. Me and Piepie had some problems, it's now water under the bridge, new forum name, new attitude.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jonnyboy091373

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:02 am

I too agree on the verdict of this situation. Here's hoping that this trust has not been misplaced.
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 am

We all earn respect. It ain't free, be it here or life. 'Nuff said.
Next

Return to Random Banter