FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"Blind Codes"?

<<

danny-el-cocinero

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm

"Blind Codes"?

These are codes that require a chart or computer program to translate the blind code to a bitting code, which is used to create the actual key. Most key codes are blind codes, and publication of code books or software are restricted to licensed locksmiths in most jurisdictions for security reasons. Some locksmiths also create their own blind coding systems for identifying key systems they installed, or for customer identification and authorization in high security systems. Example: 23N7 (General Motors) or X2100 (Nissan) are examples of blind codes used for automotive ignition keys.

Anymore info on this subjuct would be very much appreciated!
<<

virul

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: "Blind Codes"?

saw this on ebay when i was doing a little googleing for you, dunno how many volumes there are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOCKSMITH-REED-CODE ... 0415473047
I likes my locks like I likes my women, loose and easy to manipulate.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:33 pm

I am not sure what else you want. A blind code is a code that must be decoded either by looking it up in a book or punching the code into code software. If I create my own blind code system, same thing but only I will be able to decode the code and make a key from scratch. The blind code once decoded gives you the key blank required, the key cuts and the spaces and depths to cut on a code machine. There are also direct digit codes which instead of being a blind code is the actual cuts you put on the key, so if it was 45643 the key cuts are 45643. If you have a specific question let me know and I will try to help you.
<<

danny-el-cocinero

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:48 pm

That's a great help guys thanks! But I guess what I want to know is can I get hold of the code translating books or software for each company?
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 pm

There is a code program in the software section if you have access. It has key codes for most all manufacturers.

Return to Random Banter