FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanted , Pro advice !

<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Wanted , Pro advice !

Hi guys an' girls , i will be taking a Locksmiths course in 3 weeks and i really want to make the most of it ,
so my question is easy (not)
If you had to train someone , which areas / points would YOU emphasise , ie
master key systems
lock installation
keypad locks (serious voodoo)
bypass techniques
destructive entry , the dreaded drill
and all the other things i've missed , from dealing with suspect customers to reluctant payers
Any tips from those who already have earned their stripes would be most appreciated ! :???:
Open Sez Me !
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: Wanted , Pro advice !

Who is running the course and what is the sylabus ?

I'm sure you know that 99 % of these short courses are complete and total crap .......
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Yes we need to know what course you are taking ? If it is a decent hands on course then you will be taught the basics and all the need to know stuff. Save the masterkeying and advanced material for later. You can pick this stuff up on your own. Learning the basics like installation , lock basics, lock picking and bypassing is th e first step. Also drilling unfortunatley is also part of the basics. You need to learn how to walk before you run. Once you learn the basics all the other stuff will start to make sense. And in your down time you can read the books and search here and you tube and soak up as much information as possible.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:22 pm

It's only a 5 day course , but it is free , through a government initiative for people that have been made redundant in my local area ,
so not enough to claim locksmith mastery , but maybe enough to register with local police and ambulance services , council and local
letting agencies ( police & ambulance is more a case of "making secure" after they've kicked the door in !)
Open Sez Me !

Return to Random Banter