FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Quick question...

<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 09, 2008 8:48 pm

Re: Quick question...

Lockylew wrote:well i just check my email and it looks like it's happning to the both of us, the reason i didnt spot it last time is because they were in the spam filter. it seems as the email you sent to me requested the name change is caught in my hosts mail server in a never ending loop, i'll get onto them and see what i can do
cool thanks

usmcboltaction wrote:If either of you send me a mail, I'll kill you! :twisted:

nahh it wouldnt affect you... i already have had contact with you since then...
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 pm

i messaged lew about an hour ago... i figured that maybe since we havent messaged each other since that message, all we needed was another to break the loop...
<<

Site Admin

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:10 am

did it work?
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 pm

no it didnt :(
maybe you need to reply for it to work... :?:
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 5:08 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:I'm tellin ya, let me ban you, then set up a new acct. At least it will be fun for me. I will make up a cool reason.

but i like this account. :D
have lew make a test account for you to ban... or you can unban lokpikr999 and then re-ban him...lol
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 5:23 pm

id talk to lew about that one ;)
<<

ed gein

Post Sun May 11, 2008 4:06 am

Easy issue to sort out but from this side of the admin panel impossable (im not asking and dont want to be on that side), the phpbb support forum is your friend in this situation.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun May 11, 2008 5:12 am

usmcboltaction wrote:Aww...thats lame. Maybe we should un-ban him so he can mess up again and I can whoop on him.

as long as i'm at the helm he is not getting anywhere near this board again :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun May 11, 2008 6:03 am

ed gein wrote:Easy issue to sort out but from this side of the admin panel impossable (im not asking and dont want to be on that side), the phpbb support forum is your friend in this situation.

this is not easily sortable from the admin panel as there are no means of accessing the code, however i think i found what was wrong so i've changed all that via FTP. the queue.php seemed to be packed with PM notifications and for some reason they didnt clear. i've empty'd and renamed that file and if that dosent work i also have 2 code changes i could bring into play which should deffinately sort it.

josh, let me know if they stop.

lew
<<

ed gein

Post Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 am

If its not a problem you can sort through the admin panel then its a mod that you or the hoster has put on the site. Maybe its somthing in the style youve used if youve got no other mods installed.
Changing the code isnt always the best thing to do because the initial problem will still be there and waiting.

I am happy to leave it in your hands, you know what you are doing im sure.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun May 11, 2008 8:58 am

ed gein wrote:If its not a problem you can sort through the admin panel then its a mod that you or the hoster has put on the site.

we'll i have installed alot of mods to the board and as you can see a custom skin but it's not inflicting with any of the files that would cause this, as i said for some reason the queue.php and one or to other files in the cache folder didnt clear, if this dosent work then i will change the permission of the folder making it fully readable and writeable and then write a custom program so i have control over it from the admin panel. obviously this is a huge security risk so it would only be a temp messaure untill i found out what was wrong but as it stands i have solved the problem my end i just hope josh isnt recieving any more emails either.

i really appreciate your help on this ed.

lew
<<

ed gein

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:04 am

NP, kep up the good work 8-)
<<

m0ose

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:40 am

ed gein wrote:Changing the code isnt always the best thing to do because the initial problem will still be there and waiting.

I kinda don't understand what you mean by that. I've work with a lot of forums, and changing the code doesn't leave the problem in waiting, it removes it. :P The code is the code, changing that is changing the problem.
<<

ed gein

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:45 am

I meant simply renaming a file might not be the proper solution to an error.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 11, 2008 10:12 am

well before i was getting them from lockylew@aol.com... now they are coming from keypicki@serv01.siteground230.com.... :(
but i have only gotten 1 from there so far, so it might be the only one... but i marked the @aol one as spam so its not coming back...
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter