FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

about the ad banners

<<

eeze

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:47 am

about the ad banners

hello every one, can some one tell me how the ad banner thing works, does the site get paid for simply having the banner there or must we click to open link for the site to get paid, if its the latter then we should be told so that we can all spend a few minutes clicking a day.
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:36 am

Re: about the ad banners

It works like a commission based sales. If you see something that you like and click on it then buy it, then keypicking.com gets a commission from the sale. Thats the easiest way to explain it. Someone may wish to go into more detail but that is the simple way.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:43 am

bouncer965 wrote:It works like a commission based sales. If you see something that you like and click on it then buy it, then keypicking.com gets a commission from the sale. Thats the easiest way to explain it. Someone may wish to go into more detail but that is the simple way.

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.

You see something in the banner that you want - click on the banner link - buy the item - and then Amazon credits KP's acct with a percentage of that sale.

A check gets sent to KP on a scheduled basis reflecting all of the total sales.

I'm working on a keyword list so the banners will show items that WE are most interested in, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

For example I noticed a hell of a lot of Master locks on there, but I'd like to see other brands - like Sargent, Schlage, Medeco, etc.

Same thing with tools. More variety is needed.
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
bouncer965 wrote:It works like a commission based sales. If you see something that you like and click on it then buy it, then keypicking.com gets a commission from the sale. Thats the easiest way to explain it. Someone may wish to go into more detail but that is the simple way.

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.

You see something in the banner that you want - click on the banner link - buy the item - and then Amazon credits KP's acct with a percentage of that sale.

A check gets sent to KP on a scheduled basis reflecting all of the total sales.

I'm working on a keyword list so the banners will show items that WE are most interested in, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

For example I noticed a hell of a lot of Master locks on there, but I'd like to see other brands - like Sargent, Schlage, Medeco, etc.

Same thing with tools. More variety is needed.

Just out of curiosity Hallis, if someone clicks on the banner for one of the products advertised on here then buys something different but still via the link, do you still get a commision or is it only the actual products on display on kp?

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 am

I believe if you see anything on Amazon and go through this site to buy it, then KP will get the percentage for the site no matter what the item is. Doesn't have to be limited to just what you see in the adds on KP.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 pm

If I am going to purchase something from Amazon, I will now make sure to go through your link, instead of a direct web address. Hope that helps.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:I believe if you see anything on Amazon and go through this site to buy it, then KP will get the percentage for the site no matter what the item is. Doesn't have to be limited to just what you see in the adds on KP.

Yes, that is correct.

As long as you access Amazon through KP's link and purchase an item - we'll get the credit.
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:I believe if you see anything on Amazon and go through this site to buy it, then KP will get the percentage for the site no matter what the item is. Doesn't have to be limited to just what you see in the adds on KP.

Yes, that is correct.

As long as you access Amazon through KP's link and purchase an item - we'll get the credit.

Thats an alright deal. Good stuff.

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Not having any experience with Amazon till the other day when Hallis gave me a few links, I have to say that they have lots of cool stuff, I looked around on there today and seen some good deals, and some not so good deals, but there content is huge, you can buy anything you want on there, better than ebay in some ways. I don't have alot of money but I am going to do my part and probably donate or buy something off of here in the near future for sure!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Josh K

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:39 pm

*turns off ABP*

Oh neat banner ad.

*turns back on ABP*

Though good point LPK, if I ever decide to buy something I'll try and remember to click from the banner.

Return to Random Banter