FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LEGAL 3 day LSS Demo

<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am

LEGAL 3 day LSS Demo

A number of years ago Marc Tobias released a FREE 3 day demo of Locks Safes and Security.

It was available as a CD from Tobias or as a downloadable file.

It has the entire reference database but none of the videos (maybe 1 or 2).

There are copies of the demo package available online.

I was considering posting a link to this "free legal demo" as a zipped file.

I suspect that many of the older users have seen this but some of the newbies may have not had a chance to check it out.

Perhaps one of users who knows Marc personally could ask how he would feel about this being posted.

Let me emphasize that I am referring strictly to the legal demo that he was giving out and not any of the pirated and/or hacked stuff that screwed Marc over
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 am

Re: LEGAL 3 day LSS Demo

It is a great guide, I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in picking.
Last edited by rerun12 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

rerun12 wrote:Felt obliged to post this, I hope I'm not breaking any rules :stupid:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would advise not posting that.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

xeo wrote:
rerun12 wrote:Felt obliged to post this, I hope I'm not breaking any rules :stupid:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would advise not posting that.

Thank you! I've been a lurker for some time after coming over from LP101. I find this forum much more informative and aesthetically pleasing. Well done, whosever in charge, it's good to be here.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 pm

rerun12 wrote:Thank you! I've been a lurker for some time after coming over from LP101. I find this forum much more informative and aesthetically pleasing. Well done, whosever in charge, it's good to be here.

This site is not run by one person in particular but a group of hiveminded automatons running self-compiled artificial intelligence software. They also like to pick locks occasionally. Joking of course. I made the lock smileys! :serrated: :offestdiamond:
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Hello,

Posting links to this material would be inadvisable due to possible copyright concerns. Just because MWT gave it out free in disc form several years ago does not mean it is legal to upload and distribute it.

rerun12 wrote:What I meant to say before editing my original post is that this particular guide can be found for free online. :wanker:

Xeo was right in advising you to not keep the link you posted and changing it and adding the wanker bit is not nice on your part.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Riyame wrote:Hello,

Posting links to this material would be inadvisable due to possible copyright concerns. Just because MWT gave it out free in disc form several years ago does not mean it is legal to upload and distribute it.

rerun12 wrote:What I meant to say before editing my original post is that this particular guide can be found for free online. :wanker:

Xeo was right in advising you to not keep the link you posted and changing it and adding the wanker bit is not nice on your part.

I am very sorry..as I told xeo the last thing i intended to do was break any rules. And as far as the wanker smiley goes, that was directed at myself lol. but again, thank you for giving me the heads up as i look forward to becoming an active member of the community in the months to come.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I emailed Marc Tobias and yes the 3 day demo is still available and can be downloaded legally.

What has changed is that you have to get an authorization code from him for it to run.
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:46 pm

While I think that he charges too much for the book and that he is a bit of a media suck up, the book is great. The videos cover a wide range of topics of which lock picking is but a small portion. Lots of destructive entry techniques, alarm information, and bypass techniques are covered. Really not much that you can't find on youtube but, it is consolidated, demonstrated, and discussed by some top notch folks. Some of the dynamic entry tools were neat to see in action. If you get a chance take a look at it. Definitely something in there for everyone that is interested in this forum. Even if you don't happen to own a thermal lance it is cool to see one work.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Well, the issue is that while legal at the time. It is unknown to me if it is STILL legal or if the time-frame allowed for the trial has since expired. If you could find that out and then link DIRECTLY to Marc's site where it is available, only then would it be okay. He is quite known for very jealously guarding his copyright, not to mention that he is an attorney as well.

-Elbow :akimbo:
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:27 am

Just to clarify what this demo is about , its a 3 day trial of LSS.

You would get to see an electronic version of the entire LSS Book with a lot of content added.
The demo does not include movies however.

After emailing Marc he agreed that a link be posted but that the demo would require obtaining an authorization code from him.

The demo package that was originally given out allowed a straight download and install for free for 3 days.

THAT is no longer legal to distribute.

As I understand Marc's email to me a free 3 day trial could be posted with the user getting a code from Marc.
<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Riyame !

Very weird.

PLEASE ! I specifically contacted Marc Tobias and was given permission share.

It seems to me All too often mods see fit to block useful content users get explicit permission to post. I feel hostile and unfairly screwd over.

Please get your blasted facts straight before interfering in a legitimate post. Its not the first time that the creator of content has given permission to post , subject to certain rules,which I carefully obeyed. only have ignorant misinformed Mod interfere. Foolishly when Marc Tobias emailed me permission to post it I wrongly assumed it was OK to post it. What do I need to understand to avoid this misunderstanding.

Is it that regardless of the explicit permission of the creator the mods feel they have the arbitrary right to block the post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:32 pm

pickmonger2 wrote:

Riyame !

Very weird.

PLEASE ! I specifically contacted Marc Tobias and was given permission share.

It seems to me All too often mods see fit to block useful content users get explicit permission to post. I feel hostile and unfairly screwd over.

Please get your blasted facts straight before interfering in a legitimate post. Its not the first time that the creator of content has given permission to post , subject to certain rules,which I carefully obeyed. only have ignorant misinformed Mod interfere. Foolishly when Marc Tobias emailed me permission to post it I wrongly assumed it was OK to post it. What do I need to understand to avoid this misunderstanding.

Is it that regardless of the explicit permission of the creator the mods feel they have the arbitrary right to block the post.

As I have said before you cannot post things that have been uploaded elsewhere than the original author uploaded it. If a creator wants to share their stuff then link to it instead of hosting it elsewhere and linking to that. I don't care if you have permission to share it, you have to link to the legitimate source. There is a reason we created Rules 4 and 6 and ADDENDUM A points 1,2,3, and 4. http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2948

Until you feel like setting up your own website and possibly shelling out tens of thousands of dollars for copyright lawsuits, dealing with DMCA take down requests for even having a single copyrighted image posted, and possibly having your site taken down you can fuck off with your attitude.

You recently posted 2 posts that had others content posted to a file sharing website. One was the (I believe) Reddit r/lockpicking belt guide lock listing that is freely available from the source. Instead of linking to it you took it and uploaded it elsewhere. The other was a pick gun tutorial that was again, uploaded to a file sharing website, you even stated "Get it while you can as the host is unreliable". That is against the rules and the posts were removed. This is far from the first time you have pulled this kind of shit and an "ignorant misinformed Mod" had to remove your post.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

madsamurai

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Wow, pickmonger2... gotta back Riyame on this one. Honestly, I would have banned you for that comment alone if you came at me like that when I was hosting. Whatever you think, posting that stuff creates a liability for the owner of the site that could cause financial devastation for him and the abrupt end of this fabulous resource for the rest of the members here. Consider for just a second the loss of all of the information on this forum and how it would affect the rest of us. Consider for just a second how much it would cost Riyame and the other site mods to fight a copyright infringement lawsuit, because it will legally fall on them, not you. Riyame's rules are absolutely necessary to protect this resource for us, in addition to his own financial and legal liability. This website is also his property, and as such he has the right to make whatever rules he wants, with or without justification, and to expect people who are making use of his property to follow those rules just the same as if you were standing in his house. It is his, not yours, and he can block or delete ANYTHING he feels puts any of this at risk, and he's right to do so. Get your head out of your ass and have some consideration, and maybe say thanks for all he's done so that you can be here bitching about it.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:21 pm

+1 madsamurai

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
Next

Return to Random Banter