FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

KP - Dedicated Server

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:54 am

Re: KP - Dedicated Server

First of all, thanks to all of you for your words of support - and I'd like to especially thank those of you that have sent your donations in.

Now then, I don't want you all to think that I'm whipping y'all into a state of hysteria, thinking that the site is facing imminent doom and will be shut down.

It is not.

But, I do have to readjust my finances to cover these additional server and maintenance costs and look at all available moneymaking options.

For the time being, I'm looking at generating some ad revenue via banners, additional sponsors, etc. I will explore all of my options - but I need to exercise some patience and see how things pan out as I go along.

I'll begin with Amazon banners and rely on member donors for now.

And instead of crying on everyone's shoulder and whining for money on a monthly basis - I'll do a fund raising drive once (and probably no more than twice) a year.

So in essence what I'm saying is don't panic - but don't get complacent either.

To be honest, I never set out to be an internet kingpin - having to deal with domain names, site hosting, dedicated servers, uninterruptable power supplies, equipment racks, etc.

I was just sitting there, fat, dumb and happy, picking my little Master # 3 padlock, surfing the web like a morbidly obese HoDaddy surfer cat and then suddenly.... WHAM!

Next thing you know, I'm in ass-deep, balls floating around like marker buoys - trying to steer the ship - while pelicans try to deep-throat my tiny little pointed head. :shock:

But I tell you guys what - fear not - I'm gonna drive this tugboat like I stole it and run it into the ground if I have to.

Hang on, we're in a for a helluva ride...
<<

bouncer965

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 am

Nice on Hallis. Can we see the vid of you "picking" the tugboat. Would make good viewing :lol: :lol:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
Next thing you know, I'm in ass-deep, balls floating around like marker buoys - trying to steer the ship - while pelicans try to deep-throat my tiny little pointed head. :shock:

Now that is f***n hilarious
<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:18 pm

A post from the grave.

Way back we almost lost this site due to unacceptable financial burdens on the webmaster(s)

What is Keypicking's financial position today? Is it a problem? Can we see the webmaster's Tax File? :drool: :drool:

Over $1500.00 a year is coming from someones pocket. OUCH !

I will be heartbroken if it goes down and out of ignorance we did not know what is happening.

Is this matter considered confidential and not to be discussed in public?

Who is King of Hill or is that also not for public discussion?
Previous

Return to Random Banter