FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HELPPPPPPP

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: HELPPPPPPP

There is a method of decoding cheaper dial combo locks, but I'm not sure if it'll work on a brinks.

And why is this in random banter? :|
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 pm

There's a bypass section for locks like this, but I guess the way this forum is set out it'll be in the recent stuff at the top so everyone will check it out anyway. If you post something in future and don't get any responses straight away though, it'll fade away... especially when the title has no real info in it.

As for getting the combo, you'll need a very thin piece of spring steel like a strip of feeler gauge. I'm assuming you want to recover the combo anyway, there are ways to open these locks without decoding them but I doubt a simple push bypass will work on a brinks. I'm not even sure if you can decode the one you have, but there's only one way to find out. Look for the Peterson mini knife in google images, find some feeler gauge and cut it to that sort of shape. As long as it's thin enough to slide into the gaps on either side of those wheels it'll work just fine.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:47 pm

It's very similar to single-pin-picking. Just put opening pressure on the shackle and feel for the wheel that's tightest. Rotate it until you feel it "give"; it becomes suddenly a lot looser. Then go for the next, and so on. the lock will open as soon as the last wheel is set.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:08 am

or use a mini knife to feel for the "gates" in each wheel
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"

Return to Random Banter