FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How do I deal with a site stealing my blog content?

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 12, 2009 4:26 pm

How do I deal with a site stealing my blog content?

I found a website stealing my blog content, it's a "scraper site" from what I understand. They are taking my blog posts for their site so they have a place to put ads related to what I blog about.

So how do I get them to stop? They have no contact info on the site, and I doubt they would stop if I asked anyway. Is there anything else I can do?

If you want to see the site, PM me.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: How do I deal with a site stealing my blog content?

I just contacted the host about it. It is a .co.cc site, which was confusing me when I would try to look it up on whois. I didn't realize co.cc was a free hosting site, or whatever it's called. Hopefully that will take care of it.
<<

singlepicker

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 21, 2009 3:16 pm

there are quite a few contentblockers softwares around that you can use to stop your content being stolen. if you go to http://www.wordpressmax.com/blogging/st ... tent-theft you will get a brief blog on what someone has done to stop this . also www.giveawayoftheday.com give away LOADS of programs free as long as you download and activate the give away of the day for free. they often put on anti blog stealing software (hiding source code on your blogs which is the way i think they steal your content. if you right click on a webpage you get a 'view page source' tab. that then opens up all the code that a hacker needs to copy and paste your blog for that page. by hiding the source code you stop that from happening.obviously if they are using dreamweaver then they can just copy and paste straight off the page and then dw will format it. also there is some xhtml code that i have somewhere that will stop ALL copy and paste functions be it source or page. )have a look , there is plenty of info available on stopping this. if you need me to find this software for you i can do, just might take me some time. ps you can't always rely on web hosters to help you out.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 am

<<

singlepicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:40 am

ouch.

Return to Random Banter