FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ilco key machine advice

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 am

ilco key machine advice

hey, I just found an ilco key duplicator for sale for a hundred dollars! I don't know what model it is, it looks like the same model that most hardware stores have, it has a red cover that goes over the motor, etc.
looks to be in great shape, and the seller says so as well. what do you think of the price, is this a good deal.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:25 am

Re: ilco key machine advice

It sounds like a pretty good deal.

Look for the obvious signs of wear or abuse. Has the cutter ever hit the vise, is the cutter sharp, is there any wear or slop in the carriage or the tracer, does the shaft the cutter runs on seem tight, or could the bearings be worn ?

Stuff like that. Try to get a bunch of key blanks too. Or "help" them by taking away all their old mis-cut keys (bumpkeys).
<<

GutterClown

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 am

Should be alright. Depends on if they're getting rid of it because they don't know how to use it, or they don't want it anymore.

If they don't know how to use it, you could be in for a real score.
if they're not using it or don't want it, chances are they know the real value of it.

Check any belts that may be under the cover, as these are common to degrade and crack over time.
Plug it in and check if it runs.
Check the tracer to see if there's a notch worn into it. This may indicate heavy-duty usage.
Check the tip and shoulder stops, could be damaged or worn.
Ask them if the machine was regularly maintained, lubed and cleaned.

Swing me a PM with some photos of it if you do buy it, I'll teach you how to calibrate the duplicating depth.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 am

thanks guys, I am going to try to purchase it, it was advertised locally, and the guys says that over twenty people really want it, unless you were a hobbiest or a locksmith, I can't imagine what value this would have to an ordinary person, twenty people sounds like alot, this isn't that big of an area!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Random Banter