FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Going back east next month for locksmith training

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Going back east next month for locksmith training

Hey, I am going back east next month for training for the company I work for and I really want to take my HPC picks with me, is there any way in hell I will get away with taking them on the plane with me?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: Going back east next month for locksmith training

I assume you are going to fly - why not put them in your checked in baggage?
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:11 pm

I work in Airport Security but here in Canada and I advise you to put the picks in your checked luggage. It will save you from potential hassles.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 pm

well thats what I will do then, I will just check them with my bags, that should work. Thanks
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Nostromo

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Checked baggage is probably the way to go, though as someone with a lot of air time logged (probably more of it sitting and waiting at gates) I have discovered a universal truth.

The more important the contents of your checked bags are, the more likely it will be misplaced. They almost always get to where you are, but usually take two or more days to a point where I can actually touch it. Yes, they try their best to get it off the conveyor, onto the truck and out to you as fast as they can, but it's never happened for me by the next day. One time my presentation materials were delivered literally as I was checking out of the hotel to return home.

Several times I've had to get toiletries at the lost luggage desk or the hotel and wash and dry socks & undies in the sink (the blow dryer and the iron are very helpful). Now I always have the important stuff in my carryon, along with toiletries and a change of clothes.

A suggestion? If your personal tools are really important to have during the course, you might want to make arrangements to ship them 'signature required' and with tracking to an instructor. About ten bucks.

Hope your training goes well! What kind of training is it? Safemasters?

Whups- just reread the post. The picks you are taking are for something to do during downtime, eh? In that case, >nevermind<.

: - >
<<

GutterClown

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:49 am

Two choices (No you can't take them onboard)
1, just wing it and chuck them in the checked in luggage, don't say anything
2, as I do, let the woman checking your luggage in know that there are some tools in the bag you use for your trade. Works every time for me, if they have any issues with it then they'll say so. Never hurts to be honest.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 am

I am going back east to get some hands on training from another employee, I work for a company that does locksmith work for a major us bank. So I just wanted to take my own tools, they are what I am comfortable with!

Return to Random Banter