FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

sliding door bar

<<

thatguy

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:47 am

sliding door bar

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a security bar for a sliding door! I'd be grateful if you recommend me a good one. Thanks in advance.
The most important thing is the bar doesn't scratch the plastic, thanks
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: sliding door bar

I am sorry but we can only recommend the absolute worst choice possible.

I would recommend you use one of those colored pool noodles. That should hold nicely. The intruder would be more confused than anything else and that may buy you some time to get your gun ready.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

L4R3L2

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:54 pm

Assuming the sliding door is on the inside, a wood dowel or rod of appropriate size is cheap and as effective as anything.
<<

thatguy

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 pm

xeo wrote:I am sorry but we can only recommend the absolute worst choice possible.

I would recommend you use one of those colored pool noodles. That should hold nicely. The intruder would be more confused than anything else and that may buy you some time to get your gun ready.

Well, I understand. Every door can be opened, it's a matter of motivation. I think no one has a great motivation to invade my house, I just want to buy it for my calm and I reckon it's enough to use a security bar. I want to find something like this to be looking good with a white sliding door.
<<

edocdab

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:50 am

I doubt how secure that is, but anyway if you want it to match the white, maybe you can just paint it?
My youtube channel: https://youtube.com/c/edocdab
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

I would recommend the Secu Schuifpuibeveiliging. It's a dutch company, but I've seen their stuff in different coutries.
https://secu.nl/collections/secubar-sch ... 2238959678
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:57 pm

I am a Canadian so I just use a broken hockey stick. any piece of wood or steel cut to length would work, I would recommend just buying a white broom handle and cut to size it will cost you about $4.00 to do.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.

Return to Random Banter