FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

David Storm Swick Lockpick

<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:32 am

David Storm Swick Lockpick

David Storm of "Lockpicking for the new millennium" has comeout with a new lockpick set.

He has raised more than $59,000.00 and product is about to be produced.

So far he and is merry band of followers provide current updates on his kickstarter page unlike an other fiasco kickstarter.

https://steemit.com/steemhunt/@needu/swick-the-swiss-army-knife-of-picks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFLXxnf96o
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Re: David Storm Swick Lockpick

yeah well just like the other kickstarter, the creater has gone AWOL and someone else has stepped in.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Such a thing would be really useful, if it were good, unlike that Chinese thing. Kickstarter is like a combination of an investment into a company and a purchase of an article, but with all disadvantages piled on who gives the money. I do only use it if I want to donate someone money and don't expect anything in return.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Looks alot like a folding pick set I use to carry (the only reason I stopped is because I lost it). http://lockpicktools.com/folding-pocket-set/
I miss that pick and am planing on ordering a new one soon.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 am

That looks very interesting.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 am

I followed the link from Anarchy_won ( https://lockpicktools.com/folding-pocket-set/ ). This is the first folding pick set that I have seen that has a reasonable selection of picks. Most of the time there are a few (half) of the picks in the set that I would not likely use, so I have never bought one. This is very similar to the David Storm set except when I paid they actually sent me a product. At a price point of $24 I had to order one to try it out.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:50 pm

One of things I liked about it is the fact you can buy different picks and setup the set as your needs change. that and you can buy blanks and make custom picks.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

David Storm

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:21 am

Resurrecting an old thread to give an update.

My site is ready for sales on Saturday April 3rd. We fulfilled our obligation to our backers and are ready to sell to the public. If you have been waiting to get one, Saturday will be your day.

We have a countdown timer on https://www.picklocks.com ticking down the hours until we go to market. :-)

We will be putting them up in batches, the first batch will be 100. We will see how long they last. We are not doing backorders so if you order it you will get it fast.

We are also now giving a lifetime guarantee for the body, screws, spacers and spring. So you can buy with confidence knowing we stand behind our product.

Please share this with any friends that have been waiting for us to go public.

Return to Random Banter