FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

GUN LOVERS, CHECK THIS OUT.

<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 pm

GUN LOVERS, CHECK THIS OUT.

IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: GUN LOVERS, CHECK THIS OUT.

That's sort of neat.

Someone put a lot of work into that.
<<

morrowind107

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:37 am

thats sweet, nice illustration
All hail the hypnotoad!
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 am

Cool. I have a Glock 17.
<<

xlockpick

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 am

cool.....
<<

locksyth

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Nice, but give me a 1911 any day. When Glock became poular I thought they were a fad,like those cd things,and dvd's,and fuel injection.I'm happy with my 1911 and my m1 carbine. :mrgreen:
LOCKSYTH-Vini,Vidi,Vici!
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:47 pm

locksyth wrote:Nice, but give me a 1911 any day. When Glock became poular I thought they were a fad,like those cd things,and dvd's,and fuel injection.I'm happy with my 1911 and my m1 carbine. :mrgreen:

My motto is: A hot slug from a .45 beats a straight flush. :shock:
<<

tacedeous

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Just picked up my kimber 1911 from the gun shop, just got back from kimber mfg... shes customized... matte stainless with a polished sides on the top receiver... there new night sights, that glow for seven years... i love this gun, but one thing i don't like, is the fact that you cannot de-cock it with the safety... like a berreta 92fs, and many other handguns... to de-cock you must hold the hammer with your thumb in pull the trigger... a bit hairy, especially if you have 1,700 into your piece... I guess you could say its a safety feature of sorts, in the sense that you have to drop the clip and cycle the receiver, thusly totally clearing the weapon and making it "safe"
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 am

Hey you guys in the USA are sooooo lucky, i love and respect America for there gun laws I'd love, Infact i'd give my left big toe to have a locker with my favorite guns in to take down the range. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So can you own as many as you like? Do you need to give a reason for owning a pistol(s) rifle(s)?

In the UK you can't even buy a BB gun unless its pink ,blue or some strange color. I have a collection of blank fire pistols but now they've made it illegal to import them, the word on the street is De-acts are next! As for Air rifles, only allowed if there 12 ft/lb (rifle) 6 ft/lb (pistol) or below any power over that you need a FAC. No mail order! you have to be 18 years old!
Oh but you are allowed to own a BARNETT PREDATOR AVI Crossbow 375 ft per second ,128 fl/lb of energy. :? :?:

So if there's any sympathetic, gun loving Americans (whats the best state for guns, Texas ?) :lol: who would be a guide for a nice UK guy on his vacation and show him some shooting,hunting (must have lots of guns) :lol: I'm your man (woohoo)
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

m0ose

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 am

MANDELBROT27 wrote:Hey you guys in the USA are sooooo lucky, i love and respect America for there gun laws I'd love, Infact i'd give my left big toe to have a locker with my favorite guns in to take down the range. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So can you own as many as you like? Do you need to give a reason for owning a pistol(s) rifle(s)?

In the UK you can't even buy a BB gun unless its pink ,blue or some strange color. I have a collection of blank fire pistols but now they've made it illegal to import them, the word on the street is De-acts are next! As for Air rifles, only allowed if there 12 ft/lb (rifle) 6 ft/lb (pistol) or below any power over that you need a FAC. No mail order! you have to be 18 years old!
Oh but you are allowed to own a BARNETT PREDATOR AVI Crossbow 375 ft per second ,128 fl/lb of energy. :? :?:

So if there's any sympathetic, gun loving Americans (whats the best state for guns, Texas ?) :lol: who would be a guide for a nice UK guy on his vacation and show him some shooting,hunting (must have lots of guns) :lol: I'm your man (woohoo)

For any pistol you need ot apply for a pistol permit. Not sure on age requirements. If I remember right there are two forms of the permit, concealed and carry, and some sort of private use thing. Not 100%.

To own any automatic or high powered rifles you need a federal arms licence.

Other than that, so long as your over age, pass a background check and have the money, you can enjoy blasting away at the range. :P
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 pm

In Illinois to buy a gun or ammo you need a FOID card- fire arm owners identification. I don't remember the exact requirements for the card, but its just things like you have to be 21, can't be a felon or retarded. There is a 72 hour wait to buy a hand gun and a 24 hour wait to buy a rifle or shotgun.

After you get the card you can buy as many as you want, you don't need to give any reason. I have 4 handguns and 1 shotgun.

At least that was the law in 1999. I moved out of state that year, and just moved back in 2007. I haven't bought guns in any other state. As far as I know you still cannot get a concealed carry permit here.

Guns are cool, but shooting can be expensive. Especially if theres no place to shoot for free, like an outdoor public range.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:18 pm

MANDELBROT27 wrote:So if there's any sympathetic, gun loving Americans (whats the best state for guns, Texas ?) :lol: who would be a guide for a nice UK guy on his vacation and show him some shooting,hunting (must have lots of guns) :lol: I'm your man (woohoo)

Firearms-wise, I think Texas and Arizona have pretty good gun laws.

No license or permit is required to own a handgun or firearm in Texas.

In Texas you can get a Concealed Hangun License (CHL) provided you are a US citizen, have never been convicted of a felony, pass a background check with Texas Dept of Public Safety & FBI as well as submit a fingerprint card. You have to renew the CHL every 4 years and take a new training class and prove your handgun profiency.

As for purchasing a weapon, you have to fill-out the requisite ATFE (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) form, not be a convicetd felon, etc.

You do not need a CHL to purchase a firearm - the CHL is only required to carry your weapon concealed as you go about your daily activities. You are prohibited from carrying at sporting events, where 51% of an establishment's revenue is generated by alcohol, or wherever an establishment has posted a sign saying it does not allow weapons on the premises.

In Arizona, it is my understanding that to carry concealed, you need a license - but open carry requires nothing other than a holster.

"A handgun carried in a belt holster which is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage is not considered carrying concealed."

So far, the guns have not been conficated or outlawed. But there is a move afoot by the Obama administration to outlaw the possession of privately owned or manufactured ammunition. Reloading will not be permitted.

Instead, persons will be required to purchase federally authorized ammo - with each bullet having a serial number.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Here's a sample section:

Section 4. Authority to establish an Ammunition Coding Database.
1. [AGENCY] shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining an Ammunition Coding
Database (ACD) containing the following information:
a. Manufacturer registry – Manufacturers shall:
i. Register with [AGENCY] in a manner prescribed by the department
through rule; and
ii. Maintain records on the business premises for a period of seven
years concerning all sales, loans, and transfers of ammunition, to,
from, or within the state.
b. Vendor registry – Vendors shall
i. Register with [AGENCY] in a manner prescribed by the department
through rule; and
ii. Record the following information in a format prescribed by the
[AGENCY]:
a. The date of the transaction.
b. The name of the transferee.
c. The purchaser’s driver’s license number or other
government issued identification card number
d. The date of birth of the purchaser.
e. The unique identifier of all handgun ammunition or
bullets transferred.
f. All other information prescribed by [AGENCY].
iii. Maintain records on the business premises for a period of three
years from the date of the recorded purchase.
2. To the greatest extent possible or practical, the ACD shall be built within the framework
of existing firearms databases. The ACD shall be operational no later than January 1,
3. Privacy of individuals is of the utmost importance. Access to information in the ACSD is
reserved for key law enforcement personnel and to be released only in connection with a
criminal investigation.

So with the new Messiah, Barrack Hussein Obama in Washington, things could change.

We'll have guns - but no ammo.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:38 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:\ But there is a move afoot by the Obama administration to outlaw the possession of privately owned or manufactured ammunition. Reloading will not be permitted.

Instead, persons will be required to purchase federally authorized ammo - with each bullet having a serial number.\[/color]

That's ridiculous. I never heard of that. serial numbers on all ammo isn't going to make it any cheaper either. Reloading is something I always thought about but never followed through with getting the equipment.

Why is it that all politicians, in either party, are only interested in taking away our freedom?
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:04 am

You won't find any freindlier state than KY for gun laws. PERIOD. States that don't allow CCW for civilians are third reich. In Sweden it's easier to get a can than a gat, go figure. Screw ball stuff across the globe. In the UK it's like, "Pardon me govenor, but would you kindly refrain from comitting that crime or else I'll attempt to block your exit by violating your comfort distance" (LOL)
"Release the hounds"
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 am

serial # on ammo? They have that already on tasers. Civilian tasers have a module which disperses aproximately 2,500 micro confetti with serial # on each one every time a cartridge is fired. Have to register the cartiriges by SSN before purchase. Not sure on LEO models though. I'm guessing prob........ NOT! Like in US, if you watch CoPS from 90's it was like, please submit to handcuffs, ok resist then tackle. COPS NOW, it's like step back from scene, one request only, then taser. No need to asess the situation, just taser. It won't, rather it has extreemly low probability for faltality(where can this be validated?), so let's just use it. Taser was meant to be last resort like nano seconds away from GLOCK. Now LEO's draw the taser BEFORE the baton?!?!?!? Seriously though watch COPS from 90's then new episodes and see the difference. LEO will taser for verbal shyt now. Submit to taser forget about resisting, it's an after thought.
"Release the hounds"
Next

Return to Random Banter