FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Selling My Lock Collection (on eBay)

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Selling My Lock Collection (on eBay)

Hello All,

It has been sometime since I last posted something but I have peeked in every once in a while just to see how things are. I think its been 2 years now but honestly feels like 10. Last I left you guys I was dealing with my daughter's club foot traveling to St. Louis. I should have at least posted some more on her progress and thats my bad. We finished the treatment and the 2nd surgery with everything being perfect right up until mid-end of last year when her foot started to relapse again and she had to undergo the same treatment again. Lucky I still had some funds saved up from her first treatment and my tax refund that we ran a quick go-fund me campaign for the difference and were able to schedule flights and get her scheduled for another treatment. We removed the last cast beginning of May and things are looking good again with her foot corrected. Yea that word again keeps bugging me but with club foot no Dr can guarantee anything in the future. Some children relapse at 7 or even 10, rare but it has been reported/documented. During these last visits, the Dr recommended a 3rd surgery however with her being over 2 years old, the surgery could no longer be a quick in house procedure with local anesthetic but instead requires her to be under full anesthesia with a hospital over night to monitor her and rounded to 10k. Taking everything into account we told the dr that it would be literally impossible to gather such funds in the amount of time we had unless I sell my kidney and I was ready to do so lol. The dr understood and did his magic with the casting that at the end he said she no longer requires the surgery which was a great relief. This is how I know I can trust this guy. I in no way see a Dr, specially in NY, work to avoid an extra 5k in his pocket but he did. All good news so far oh and last month we got more great news on her heart, the little hole that was in her heart was reported to have closed, nothing worry some but still great news. Its been 2 months now and we are following all of the Drs order, however her foot is yet again starting to turn inwards. Perhaps its our eyes that are seeing something that isnt there or maybe the fear of it happening again has made us paranoid. I dont have that answer but what I do know is that I need to prepare for the worst.

Sorry for the long story but with all of the said, the one way I can prepare is by selling of my locks. I knew this was always an option but honestly one that I didnt want to take until I had a scary nightmare. Not sure if anyone was ever happy to have a nightmare but I was because it gave me the needed push to start selling my locks. A lock collection is great and fun to play and look at but I think everyone will agree a healthy baby girl is so much better lol. Not even a comparison lol. With all the help I got from all of you guys and go-fund me, my plan is to start with my collection and see what number I end up with and how her foot will be. If need be, I will turn to go-fund me again but I want to avoid it. Im sure some people see it as free money but I cant. The 2 times we used go-fund me still linger inside me. You all know nothing is free in this world and that scares me. We all pay for everything, I just hope I dont have to pay it back with bad news. I live under the rules that if you steal $10 you will loss $100, find $10 give 10% away or you will loss $100 etc etc and this rule has proven itself over and over so not something I plan on breaking.

I have no idea what my locks are worth so I will let the market make the decision on ebay. Its much easier for me to just make a 3m listing and off it goes. If at the end I will end up with some locks, Ill post them here or give them to the admin for a raffle or something.

As for picks and other items I can not list on ebay, those are staying with me!!! lol. All the picks and tools have and/or made I plan to keep as well as a few favorite locks if I can. The locks may be going but the skills stay, at least I hope lol. I actually impressioned some keys for moss the other week and it felt freaking great. Reminded me why I love this hobby/community so much.

Thats all I have at the moment, if anyone has any questions or tip or idea or anything, shot me a PM or email.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Re: Selling My Lock Collection (on eBay)

Gleb!! So VERY nice to see you my friend.

And the updates on your daughter...
Not the best of news, but also not the worst either.
It's just great to hear what all has transpired with everything.

Papa Gleb wrote:.....The locks may be going but the skills stay, at least I hope lol. I actually impressioned some keys for moss the other week and it felt freaking great. Reminded me why I love this hobby/community so much.

Absolutely :yep: Well said. It's about so much more than a bunch of locks. It's the deep passion. The challenge. The accomplishments. Always learning more, and the excitement every new piece of knowledge brings. And, all the friends you've made here! When the time is right, you'll be back... and it (and we) will all still be here :D Hats off to you sir for keeping your priorities in order.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Visitor

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 am

Link to your auctions or eBay account would be helpful.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am

Thanks much Mike. Ill be honest the struggle is real tho. To each lock Im having a debate whether to keep it or not but a voice inside helps me make the right decision. You are right the passion and love is still here and always has been.

Forgot to add during all this time I also figured it would be wise to think about my own health and quit smoking cigarettes, October will be 2 years since I last touched a cigarette and feel amazing. Cant believe I was poisoning myself for so long and loving it. Vaping helped me and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of stopping. It was such a fast and easy transition, the day I bought a vape was the same day I stopped smoking. Its funny but you dont realize how much you stink from cigarettes until you actually stop smoking.

My ebay name papaglebcoils
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your daughter my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for all you have done for me
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim

Return to Random Banter