FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pets of Keypicking

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 am

Pets of Keypicking

Figured this would be fun. Post pictures of your pets. I'll start off:

This is Cairo the Sprinticus Psychoticus aka "Destroyer of Window Blinds" aka "The fuck is this not doing on the floor?" aka "Roller of Corbin Russwin Mortise Cylinders underneath the Couch" aka "Box of Saturn Missiles"

p8200110.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:16 am

Re: Pets of Keypicking

Yes it is fun!
Your cat looks awesome! :twisted:

So here are my pets:
First, turtledove and fish tank (currently on maintenace):

My cat (she's actually prettier than this photo!):
I don't actually know her name.. I never call her, she comes to me :mrgreen:

My girlfriend's cat:
Her name is Mia (in english you read Meah I guess)

My dog (Labrador Retriever):
She's called Lia (english Leah)

Aaaaand...

...my Brazillian Rainbow Boa:

She's Nagini
AKA "Fucking Bitch" - that's what I called her when she bit me the first time and it kinda sticked! :mrgreen:
She's about 2 1/2 ft, hopefully will grow up to 5, 5 1/2 in a couple years...

Currently I only have these, maybe more to come :D
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:05 pm

That reminds me of the old joke; what do you call your cat? nothing, she won't come anyway. :akimbo:
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, you asked!

Bouncer and Moose:

Duffy the cat:

Florin:

Lottie:

Penny:

Nibbler (the black one), with Moose:

Peso:

All of our sweet kids!
<<

Blacky

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:23 pm

first cat looky very cool :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:55 pm

The expressions from the cats (Cairo and Duffy)... haha! funny.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Oldfast wrote:The expressions from the cats (Cairo and Duffy)... haha! funny.

Yah its "Feed me or I'm clotheslining all these neatly organized locks onto the floor" :spinning:
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 pm

This is our old cat Anthrax, named such because cats can act as an early warning detector for Anthrax spores, much in the same way that miners can use canaries to detect the buildup of methane in a mine.

She was the smartest cat I've ever seen in my life and incredibly loyal. She was abandoned when a renter down the street moved away and didn't want her anymore so they just let her behind. She started hanging around at our house since my kids were nice to it, unlike some of the other local kids.

My kids begged to keep her, so I said ok but she would be an outdoor cat. The neighborhood had a bad problem with a mouse infestation because of a field next door. They were getting into everyone's gardens, garages and sometimes homes. We also had moles digging up all our lawns. This cat singlehandedly cleared them all out over the course of a single summer. For that reason, everyone in the neighborhood loved this cat, and regularly told us so.

The cat knew our car, and when we came home no matter where she was she sprinted across the neighborhood so she was waiting by the car door as we stepped out. If we went for a walk or went to a neighbor's house, this cat followed right on our heels the whole way, and waited by the curb until we came back out of the house to follow us home.

We bought her a small dog house as a shelter in bad weather, but when winter came the kids begged to bring her inside during a blizzard. We arranged a small bed for her on the couch out of an old bathrobe of mine. I told the kids as long as she stayed on that bed, she could stay inside. By the end of that afternoon, that cat understood that she was ONLY allowed in that one spot if she was to be inside. After that, whenever we let her in, she went straight for that little bed and remained there until she was ready to back outside, then just got up and waited by the door until someone let her out. Sometimes she'd stay in that spot for as long as 15 or 16 hours, just napping and bathing intermittently.

We brought her with us when we moved, she rapidly adjusted to the new surroundings as the new neighborhood had open fields on three sides where she could catch mice. This went fine for about seven months, then she didn't return home one day. During the next week a half dozen other cats from homes on our street also disappeared. We think she got caught and eaten by a fox. It turns out there are a few living in some open fields a little less than a mile away.

She would fight any cat that trespassed in our yard. After every fight, the yard would be so full of tufts of fur that it looked like a sorority had just had a pillow fight with feather pillows. But in every case, the fur was from the other cat. She never once lost a fight or even so much as walked away with a single scratch. However she was smart (or experienced) enough not to mess with a skunk. One evening I heard a loud crunching and went out to see what it was. A skunk was a few inches away from my foot, happily munching on her cat food. I closed the door as fast as you could blink, looked out the peephole and Anthrax was lounging on a lawn chair right next to the skunk, as though the skunk was her best friend and she hadn't a care in the world. She was tough as nails, but apparently not tough enough to win against a fox.

We'll miss Anthrax.
anthrax.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Touching story about your cat MBI, sorry you lost it. Seemed like a boss of a cat. I'm sure it went out fighting like a champ... and died a true cat's death.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 am

Niccce thread, xeo.

R.I.P Anthrax. Certainly sounds like a really cool smart cat. I know how it is to miss one when he pops his clogs. Not an easy thing.

Here's some of mine. Some of you have already been introduced to Colonel Tripod (Friskies First Class):

I think it doesn't take much to see why he got his name. He came to me about a year ago as a very unhappy, vicious bag of skin and bones with a bad foot infection. Vet couldn't save it. Now he's a spoilt SOB who loves attention.

Next up is Tayatha:

A real pain to brush ... mainly because he hates me for it and within 10 minutes is bored enough to attack the brush or me or both. He has this certainty about him that has no doubt that he's by far superior in any human he's ever met.

And there's Dawa. A cat who just needs the slightest genetic tweak and he would start talking and be completely unable to stop. He's just the most vocal cat I've ever met. He can barely take 10 steps with some sound coming out of his mouth. He's here with Tayatha having a bit of a mutual wash. They were both rescues who have grown up together with me. They're about a week apart in age.

This is Mala. Another stray. I think he's related to Tayatha (same blue eyes and some similar colouring):

I do a lot of animal rescue, and here's some of my latest. There's just far too many to show. So I'll try and stick to a few of my favorites:

Here's an infant red squirrel I raised. He was found at the base of a tree at around 2 weeks old. Probably because of males fighting and breaking the nest. Check out those toes. The most amazing things.

Here's a couple of 2 week old kittens found in a trash can and then brought to me. Lots and lots of 3 hourly feeds with these guys. They went to good homes at 10 weeks old. I miss them.

and

And here's a badger that was knocked down by a car last Easter weekend. I had him for 2 weeks rehab (and lots of vet's visits). One of the most vicious but most rewarding guys I've dealt with. He was then released in perfect health on the same stop he was found:

There's more, but I'll leave it as that.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:46 am

huxleypig wrote:
Lottie:

All of our sweet kids!

Lottie's my favorite I think :D Just totally cool. Mind you, I could love them all :D

Thanks for sharing them, hux.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:20 am

Here is Puppy. Thats what the people we got her from caller her and it just kind of stuck. :lol: She is the mother of our other dog.

And this is Squeeker. AKA Moose, Horse, and occasionally known as The Abominable Snowdog.

For reference... That is a moose leg in front of him and a 6x6 post behind him.

The snowdog!
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

Mr.Anybody... SO wonderful what you do for the life around you! And that red squirrel - adoooorable!

Eric... Those are some awesome dogs man! And that moose bone - ha! Now there's a happy dog :yep:

MBI... what a cat! Touching story. Allow me a tribute sentence to Anthrax.
(a variation on one of my all time favorite movie lines)
'Every cat dies.......... not every cat really lives' :mrgreen:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am

Awww, Mr A, that baby red squirrel is awesome, I take it that was in France, not the UK? And the badger! Good work mate, we rescue all of our rats and Duffy the cat - well I found him lying in the road right where the car tyres go, I thought he was dead, I only went to move him out of the road and he twitched a bit. So I called the RSPCA, fully expecting him to die and they called back a few days later to say he was ok and if they couldn't find the owner can I have him? So I did. The idiot got run over again not long after, needed a metal rod through his leg. He avoids cars now!

By the way, Lottie is a real sweetie, she's always trying to get you to fuss and scratch her ears. When you're on the computer she keeps running on the keyboard trying to get her head under your fingers!

Squeeker and puppy are sweet too, I want a dog. A big shaggy dog just like that.
<<

Altashot

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Our dog. He's nine, Shih Tzu/poodle cross. Best dog I ever had, he's lazy and so calm, very loving and a big baby.

Samuel (Sammy) The Majestic Duke Of Horner

When Simone met Sammy. That stray cat just came right up to him and started rubbing her face on his on one of our nightly walks. They became best friends.

M.
Next

Return to Random Banter