FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gifts for xmas

<<

Hana12

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Gifts for xmas

I am thinking what to buy for my brother’s kids this year for xmas. Last year my sister and I we have bought a coupon for toys worth $200, but I don’t want to make the same thing this year. What about you? DO you like coupons or do you like presents more?
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Gifts for xmas

I like coupons more, personally. But I'm no longer a child. Part of the fun of Christmas was the anticipation of opening those packages! So if it can be wrapped and (maybe) cause even a little "wide eyed awe", then it needs to be gifts. I do send money to the kids and let them buy gifts for their children. That prevents duplicates and unwanted items. But the children don't know that, they just know there is more "stuff" under the tree!!
Last edited by mastersmith on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:53 am

I like presents over money, there is something nice about receiving a gift that someone picked out for me.
but I just send money to the parents of my Niece and Nephew for the same reason's as mastersmith (not wanting to create duplicate presents).
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 am

I usually prefer actual gifts over gift cards. I especially like when they get me something unexpected
<<

blocke0311

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:07 pm

If youre shopping for kids then I would ask the parents what you should get, that can avoid getting them a present someone else got and I think most children would prefer a present to open rather than a card with coupons or gift cards inside. On another side though, my brothers kids love getting gift cards because they are getting to that age that they like to shop for themselves. So in either scenario I would talk to the parents and ask them what they think their kids would rather have.
<<

Hana12

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 am

Yes, I talked to her and she said that my timing couldn't be better because they wanted to get him a foosball table. He watched that cartoon "Underdogs" about foosball and he loves foosball now. :D I like that, it is always good to have a foosball table around :D The only problem is that it won't be a big table for foosball but smaller one. You, know the one you can put on the table, it has no legs. I mean, I am ecstatic I don't have to think about that anymore which is great. :hbg:
<<

faizul

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 am

Heeeeeeelp! What does L want for Christmas and her birthday (2 weeks after Christmas!)? We have everything... balls, ride on toys, puzzles, books, colours, blocks, stacking cups, duplo, cars, toys, clothes, bedding - we've asked for family things (Annual passes to local places, games etc.) from some people but others want to get her things for just her, and not money (we're saving any money towards climbing frame type thing for all 3).

She doesn't need any more personalised things (She got loads of pictures, teddies etc. when she was born). So far, we've come up with a tea set (but even then, J is more likely to play with it, so might be a better present for him).

Any ideas, oh you of 3 (or more) children?

Unique Gifts online
Last edited by faizul on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 am

I just purchased the HPC Color Coded Pick Set for my son for Christmas.... be he is 26 and just getting into picking locks (his new girlfriend is into picking)
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 am

Pick-Fu wrote:I just purchased the HPC Color Coded Pick Set for my son for Christmas.... be he is 26 and just getting into picking locks (his new girlfriend is into picking)

Sounds like he found a keeper! :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Cork screw & bottle opener a must .. lol
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm getting my nephews a RetroPie. It's a game console that emulates classic game consoles. So there are thousands of games you can play on it.
They are 12 , 10 and 6 years old. And my sisters boyfriend is 45 , and he i think he will play with it too.
Trust me , I'm a locksmith

Return to Random Banter