FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Part it out or fix it

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

Part it out or fix it

'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Part it out or fix it

Well, Bitbuster, as PT Barnum used to say “there is one born every minute”. So he may get his $20. :roll:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Any thing can be fixed... some projects just need someone dumb enough to do them. I have had people question my wisdom for restoring old safes. One guy told me flat out, "I don't get it, why would you want to do that?" I told him there are worse things I could be doing, like, smoking crack, pounding the neighbors wife, or supporting Hillary. Being a staunch republican he had to admit that I had a point.
It is time... stand up for a constitutional America. Without it, we have shed blood in vain.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 pm

00247 wrote:Any thing can be fixed... some projects just need someone dumb enough to do them. I have had people question my wisdom for restoring old safes. One guy told me flat out, "I don't get it, why would you want to do that?" I told him there are worse things I could be doing, like, smoking crack, pounding the neighbors wife, or supporting Hillary. Being a staunch republican he had to admit that I had a point.

:agree:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:12 pm

This is an old-style model 1250 with 2 opening-side bolts and 2 hinge-side bolts. These were made of potmetal. Opening-side bolts were more than likely broken when pried open. Hinge-side bolts may also have been broken/damaged. Handle may be salvageable along with the 2 wheels and driver. I'd decline to repair it, but there are worse things I could do, like, supporting Trump, Hillary, or Sanders.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Random Banter