FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Market for electronic locks.

<<

jwrm22

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Market for electronic locks.

Hi, I was wondering if there is a market (on this forum) for electronic locks.
The usual type with an RFID reader in the handle cannot be picked, because it uses no key.
There are know vulnerabilities and exploits to open/bypass these locks without the right RFID tag.

This is done when the outside of the lock has the motor, solenoid, electronics and/or the battery.

I recently gotten a box of Kaba Legic (RFID) eurocylinder locks and have been trading them for other locks.
These are expensive when bought new. (Up to €500,- each.)
These locks do not have know exploits (beside RFID tag cloning).
The 'hostile side' only has a RFID coil, led's and emergency power (when the battery runs dry).

For me they are research objects but I have no need for 10's of locks.
The inside can always open the lock, the outside can only open the lock with the right tag.

First picture, last lock:
Picture from https://www.pressebox.de/pressemitteilu ... oxid/87747

If there is a market, what would be a fair asking price?
I'm planning on doing a tear down soon.

~jwrm22~
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Market for electronic locks.

Doesn't help to lie in your sales pitch. There are many effective vulnerabilities. Some quite old.

Do you have pics of your own locks or are you extending the dishonesty and trying to sell someone else's?
<<

jwrm22

Post Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:16 am

Re: Market for electronic locks.

Josephus wrote:Doesn't help to lie in your sales pitch. There are many effective vulnerabilities. Some quite old.

Do you have pics of your own locks or are you extending the dishonesty and trying to sell someone else's?

I didn't think of this post like a sales pitch. I'm more curious if others like/collect/trade these type of locks.
And as I noted I have no use for this many of them. (see picture).

Can you share these effective vulnerabilities? I want to give them a try.
For my own research I only focus on the electronics. Starting with a simple tag replay attack.

This picture is from my twitter from the 14th of august.

These particular locks have been replaced because they became instable. Calling the locksmith weekly gets expensive.

Return to Random Banter