FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key service kit

<<

bitbuster

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Key service kit

Have recently got a heads-up notice of an impending out-of-state on-line auction that has an item listed as a '1935 United Service Motors key service kit'. I have heard of and have seen USM signs but never a key service kit. Anyone seen such an item?
"I dream of a world where, chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."......Ralph Waldo Emerson
<<

bitbuster

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: Key service kit

Just an afterthought......maybe it is referring to shaft keys or woodruff keys.....
"I dream of a world where, chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."......Ralph Waldo Emerson
<<

Deadlock

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 pm

A quick search, and... https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-united-motors-service-wooden-153813041

Ok, it sez United Motors Service, not United Service Motors, but I'm thinking it's the same thing. Basically a box full of old car key blanks. How they were cut, I don't know.
<<

bitbuster

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Deadlock wrote:A quick search, and... https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-united-motors-service-wooden-153813041

Ok, it sez United Motors Service, not United Service Motors, but I'm thinking it's the same thing. Basically a box full of old car key blanks. How they were cut, I don't know.

After adding an 's' to the word 'kit', I googled again and came to this site. And yes, it is a key kit. USM and UMS....same thing. Depends on how one reads their porcelain sign.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/515916944/ ... ref=market
<<

bitbuster

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Auctioneer sent me pics of key kit and it's the same as in link photos except the UMS confidential code book is included.

Return to Random Banter