FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

You know What Really Grinds My Gears........ USPS

<<

indigoalpha6

Post Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 am

Re: You know What Really Grinds My Gears........ USPS

Peterson's been getting a lot of buckshot these days. QC, design issues, RSA manufacturing, shipping, etc... still makes IMO, the best hook out there (the H1). I've had some minor issues but nothing too bad. I can't rave enough about the H1 in .015 and .018 -just an outstanding pick in terms of geometry and feedback. In all fairness it's not easy being a small mfg in America these days. I really hope he pulls it together.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon May 01, 2017 10:27 am

Received an update this morning from Kens assistant Benita, She said that she is going to make it right, and will advocate for me, I dont know why ken couldnt be as nice as her She said she will have an update for me by wednesday on what they intend to do. So fingers crossed my order gets sent back out without having an extra fee. I have also filled out a complaint with the inspector general for the post office in hopes that who ever this thief is gets caught.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue May 02, 2017 3:12 pm

MrPharmer2012 wrote:Received an update this morning from Kens assistant Benita, She said that she is going to make it right, and will advocate for me, I dont know why ken couldnt be as nice as her She said she will have an update for me by wednesday on what they intend to do. So fingers crossed my order gets sent back out without having an extra fee. I have also filled out a complaint with the inspector general for the post office in hopes that who ever this thief is gets caught.

Here's to hoping. Have you suggested they start using flat rate boxes? A small should be cheaper than the envelope prices they pay and would likely account for a large portion of the smaller orders.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed May 03, 2017 12:00 am

Yes Riyame I recommended that to her not sure if they will start that practice or not fingers crossed she or paypal completes the return because the USPS denied my insurance claim.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 03, 2017 1:54 pm

MrPharmer2012 wrote:Yes Riyame I recommended that to her not sure if they will start that practice or not fingers crossed she or paypal completes the return because the USPS denied my insurance claim.

You're very safe with PayPal. I'm not surprised about USPS.

PayPal used to look at both sides and assign someone to decide who was at fault. It was likely concerning buyers and costed too much labor...so now they just side with the buyer in most cases. Kinda sucks for the sellers and buyers who scam, but unfortunately that's the case. Luckily in my industry and most of my eBay sales I've only had a buyer like that once. Not trying to say that's you or anything, just mentioning for others who aren't aware to beware.

IMO whatever you ship should be replaceable and you should be comfortable with not getting any insurance money. The business owner should understand that in my opinion and just realize that's what it takes as a good marketing strategy and to win over repeat business.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed May 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Who would bother to steal all that junk?
Peterson :bird: :bird:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri May 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Finally some resolve almost a month later and got my money back the new order is placed, and I have requested peterson use small flat rate box instead to avoid this issue. Picks should go in mail soon so I can get back into the sport. The USPS is by far the worst company to deal with impossible to get answers and had to send my receipt multiple times, and contact postal investigator they show that the second sort facility in rockchester newyork in between two cameras the package being opened and contents removed, so this took the blame off of me turning in a false claim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

I just sent a medium flat rate box full of locks ( 19 lbs ). It arrived with a corner torn open, it looked like rough handling. I think all of the contents made it there though, since it was used locks I really didn't inventory it before I closed the box up. Anyway, a much better outcome than you experienced. I hope this replacement package is better.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Great to hear it. Maybe they'll include some extra goodies :D ................maybe.

Anyway, can't wait till you receive your loot. It'll be nice to see you back in action!!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Tok36

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 29, 2017 11:33 am

I am in the process of dealing with Ken for the first time. I received a 0.015 H1 that is way out of spec. So far i am getting stone walled...... I have never encountered a business that is willing to expend so much energy to avoid replacing a single $8 part.
Previous

Return to Random Banter