FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Craftsman tools

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Craftsman tools

Stanley Black and Decker to buy Sear's Craftsman line. Will quality get better/worse?
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Craftsman tools

Sear's like in Sear's & Roebuck's?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:36 pm

This is interesting as Stanley just sold it's mechanical locks division to the DormaKaba conglomerate. This includes BEST, Precision Hardware, S&G and other brands.

In response to the OP, I hope they bring Craftsman back up to where it was, where it NEEDS to be. Sears really dropped the ball and let the brand go to shit.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:06 pm

The sale is worth $900 million, they better think about bringing the quality back up to snuff.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:36 am

Guess they had some extra money after selling the mechanical security business. It will be interesting on all fronts. The Sears closest to me is one of the 150 in the most recent list to close.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Josh66

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Stanley owns Mac, so if you can judge by Mac vs. Snap-on, innovation will probably improve, but everything will be made overseas.

Mac definitely has more innovative tools than Snap-on, but most Snap-on tools are made in the US. Few or no Mac tools are - they are significantly cheaper though.

Return to Random Banter