FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

SCRIBD

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:45 pm

SCRIBD

So I have a 30 day free trial with this website and gave them my credit card information if I do want to subscribed.

So then I started downloading all the magic books as I love reading how magic tricks are done and stuff as I have a collection of magic books.

After about 1gb of magic pdf books I get this message, "We're sorry, but your computer or network may be sending automated download queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."

Now I cannot download anything. I think this is just BS. Maybe they have a download limit, which they should just state.

So I'm just going to wait to see if it's a daily limit or a pernament ban or something.

Anyone here use Scribd?

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: SCRIBD

They do have a daily cap per IP, but that message looks like an anti-bot script. How quickly were you clicking download links?
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:48 am

Ive used Scribd a lot in the past and this sounds new to me as downoaded a lot of stuff . I was free at the time as I uploaded a lot of usefull files not alredy in the scribd databank . They did limit me until I uploaded new files .Keywords,Upload , new interesting files .They always let me have several more files .

I hope this helps . Incidently do you have any new lockpicking , safe manipulation pdf books ? For instance I have a nice PDF of Houdini's book "Handcuff Secrets" circa 1910 . It has all kinds of pictures of picks he used and also hasa chapter how to convert a pocket watch to a dial indicator to crack a safe :smile:
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:09 pm

I utterly hate scribd... at least when people think it's a good idea to upload stuff there instead one of the gazillion available free file upload services.
No, I don't want to read a ginormous PDF in a crappy browser based reader. And certainly not "sign in to scribd" to download it. AFAIK even that's actually not enough - I haven't gotten that far before closing the thing in anger, but it's been claimed you need more than that, like upload credits or a paid subscription or something for the "luxury" of downloading a damn PDF.

How come they haven't been sued into oblivion and/or jailed for copyright violations, by the way? Is the difference that unlike Megaupload, scribd is Y Combinator funded?
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:50 pm

I have accidently uploaded copyrighted files and they promply close access to the file . Also any complaints from an author or copyright holder shuts down access to the file.

I've also accessed info fromother sources free . I just go with the flow or don't participate .

A few dollars isn't that much ?
<<

pickmonger2

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Personally I love Scribd as it has several search features unlike many of the file sharing sites.

You can download files that you want on a one for one basis. Upload one file and you get to take one file.

The price is fairly cheap when compared to a few beers and a pizza.

There is a 1 month free trial option

They have a lot of info on lockpicking, locksmith stuff, safes etc. if you dig around.
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 am

Thanks for the heads up . Its been awhile since I've been on the Scribd website . I have a tom of files tomtrade with :D

Return to Random Banter