FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ebay Panzer auction

<<

plugspin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Ebay Panzer auction

Just nursing my wounds here... someone was selling 6 Panzers (pre-Bode Panzer) in one auction and had no idea what they were selling. Lost out but man, it was fun to dream:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-6-Antiqu ... true&rt=nc
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:01 am

Re: Ebay Panzer auction

It will cost many times the purchase price to get keys made for those ..
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:32 am

plugspin wrote:... had no idea what they were selling. ...

From my own research, I get the sense that the seller is Clayton (Clay) Miller, of Lockmasters/S&G/SAVTA fame where the Harry C Miller lock museum is. They seem to have been selling a lot of odds and ends for the last year or so, lots of really nice and semi rare stuff, but you're right I get the sense from the wording in his auctions that he's not expert in all manner of locks. A good opportunity for all of us to pick up some rare locks cheap =)

Some family history regarding the seller's family and their contribution to safe locks and safe lock opening: http://www.locktechinc.com/history.html and based on his photo on Etsy, I dont think this he's the super nice Santa Claus looking white bearded Clay Miller from the 1970's, this seller is too young, so he's either Clay's son Mark's son, or a close relative in the family business. https://www.etsy.com/no-en/people/apema ... pr_profile

and I'm just talking out of my ass here, but I would hate to think he was told by his dad to clean our the warehouse and he's just selling rare locks on ebay for a few bucks in beer money.. :/ I suppose better to get the locks into the hands of collectors than to sit in the corner of a warehouse for another 50 years.

Squelchtone
<<

plugspin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:29 am

The seller was kind enough to reply to a message, you seem to be correct Squelch. He said these were locks acquired by his Great Grandfather Harry Miller. He indicated while most of the collection was in the Miller museum, other parts of it have come to him to be sold to collectors. So it looks like that is happening now.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

I've purchased from him several times over the last year. Good seller in my opinion.

In fact, when it comes to combo locks; he's one of very few left on ebay that actually
prices his locks reasonably. Or at least starts out low so there's opportunity for a deal.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:43 am

I've gotten a few nice things from him over the last couple years. the problem is that he has a lot of nice stuff, but about 85% of it doesn't have keys or combos... maybe he is saving the good stuff for the end, cause in the beginning he had some real nice stuff... but it is cool to see some new stuff.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Random Banter