FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The Word "TRADE"

<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

The Word "TRADE"

Can someone please remind me what the word "trade" means cos retarded me has come to the conclusion i,ve been putting the incorrect meaning against this word for the last thirty odd years :?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: The Word "TRADE"

frantic57744 wrote:Can someone please remind me what the word "trade" means cos retarded me has come to the conclusion i,ve been putting the incorrect meaning against this word for the last thirty odd years :?:

It can mean this: "The act or business of exchanging commodities by barter, or by buying and selling for money; commerce; traffic; barter."
Or this: "A company of men engaged in the same occupation; thus, booksellers and publishers speak of the customs of the trade, and are collectively designated as the trade."
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:28 pm

cheers hallis

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 pm

frantic57744 wrote:Can someone please remind me what the word "trade" means cos retarded me has come to the conclusion i,ve been putting the incorrect meaning against this word for the last thirty odd years :?:

someone gone and ripped you off?
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm

hahaha i just get the impression there,s dudes out there who talk the talk but there,s just bullsh*t wen it comes to the walking bit ,To be honest it,s a bit like having a boil on the end of ya pri*ck it won,t kill ya but boy is it irritating :(

<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:07 pm

frantic57744 wrote:hahaha i just get the impression there,s dudes out there who talk the talk but there,s just bullsh*t wen it comes to the walking bit ,To be honest it,s a bit like having a boil on the end of ya pri*ck it won,t kill ya but boy is it irritating :(

Sounds pretty rough man.
Well if you feel we really need to avoid someone then by all means please post it in the good and bad traders section.

that's what it's there for.

Take care
Lew
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm panicking here... "I don't owe him a lock do I?" :?
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Wozzlock wrote:I'm panicking here... "I don't owe him a lock do I?" :?

Wozzlock, if you did...I'd reckon you'd know about it real F****ing quick! Get out of his way...he's on a roll right now... :shock:
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Go on , give us the juicy bits !
Thought it was just me who thanked muggers !
Open Sez Me !
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:19 pm

nozza36 wrote:Go on , give us the juicy bits !
Thought it was just me who thanked muggers !

hopefully the situation should redeem itself in a week or so we,ll have to wait and see :shock:

<<

safety0ff

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:24 pm

frantic57744 wrote:hahaha i just get the impression there,s dudes out there who talk the talk but there,s just bullsh*t wen it comes to the walking bit ,To be honest it,s a bit like having a boil on the end of ya pri*ck it won,t kill ya but boy is it irritating :(

My interpretation of this thread is that someone has been boasting been part of "the trade" when it's really (bull) . And not your interpretation that someone has been ripped off. :P
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:46 am

Don't worry frantic, your not on your Pat Malone, there's a few out there who don't think they really need to participate in the reciprocation side of the trade.

I start to get a bit worried when someone asks for a couple a hundred buck's worth of locks straight up, or you get the other side of it, when every thing's going well and all of a sudden you hear nothing but cricket's.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Ok guys, everything has been ironed out. No harm - no foul. Nothing else to see here...move along.

It was a simple failure to communicate.

Thread locked.

Return to Random Banter