FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A locksport member is in need.

<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:31 am

A locksport member is in need.

A new video by HT4 (Lock Picking Lawyer on YT) brought to light the plight of Papa Gleb and his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu7-DayNs14
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:52 am

Re: A locksport member is in need.

Thanks for sharing!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:06 pm

I added an announcement about this on /r/lockpicking. Thanks for posting this!
<<

ForSquirel

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Helping is what we do right? Sent some love...
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Wow, I hope Papa gets the money his little child needs. I have my own sproglets to worry about though, sorry. Having said that, the NHS would pay for this for me in the UK. Wasn't Obamacare state (people) funded healthcare? And that was a bad thing??
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:24 pm

sent what little I could to help out, Papa G if there is anything else we can do to help just say the word :salute:
Last edited by Anarchy_won on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:16 pm

huxleypig wrote:Wow, I hope Papa gets the money his little child needs. I have my own sproglets to worry about though, sorry. Having said that, the NHS would pay for this for me in the UK. Wasn't Obamacare state (people) funded healthcare? And that was a bad thing??

Unfortunately in the opinion of some - myself included - the ACA was a private-market attempt at universal health coverage. Subsidies are available for those with low incomes, but for all intents and purposes, very little changed in terms of paying through the nose for medical care here.

Opinions differ, though; not trying to start s**t with that explanation :)
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:46 am

huxleypig wrote:Wow, I hope Papa gets the money his little child needs. I have my own sproglets to worry about though, sorry. Having said that, the NHS would pay for this for me in the UK. Wasn't Obamacare state (people) funded healthcare? And that was a bad thing??

Pretty much the same here, probably would have to pay the thrice-a-year office payment of the visit (like 8 EUR or something).

Wish all the best to Papa.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Wow gents thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart. I had debated whether to post my problem in the community or not but thankfully others have made that decision for me and I am very glad they did.

In my younger years, I have lived a life where I would wake up with several thousand in my pocket to a few days later collecting change from my pockets and car so I know how life can be and didn’t want to bring any obligation to the community to help which is why I was doubting if I even should mention anything. I didnt want to put anyone in any situation. There are times we can help and there are times we want to but simple can't and I understand that better than anyone else. There, I think that is what I wanted to get across lol.

Just when we started to think and slowly accept that there is nothing more we can do for our little girl, light shines in the darkness and the impossible becomes so possible. I cannot express the feeling of being part of a community that truly comes together in time of need and am now even more proud to be a part of it.
I have learned that the financial help is only a part of the help that is needed at a tough time. The other part is having support from friends and family. Receiving emails and messages from mates of the community really helped so much. It was a moment to plug from the craziness and enjoy reading warm wishes and prayers so thank you all so very very much.

We received help from all over, some places/people I had no idea existed and have no way of thanking them so if you do know someone from a different site or board or page or ribbit or riddit or something, please pass along my thanks. I believe my wife has the ability to comment on each participant on the gofundme page but I also want to thank everyone personally and as I said the financial help is only part of the help we received.

Sorry if this is a bit confusion but my head is all over the place lol. It all happened so fast that we weren’t really prepared. My boss told me to take all the time I need so that’s awesome and gofundme takes 7-10 days to transfer the funds so we are opening a bank account for Alisa and setting the transfer giving us some time to schedule a flight and organize a baby sitter for our 2 boys but looks like in a week or so we will be in St Louise. I posted on youtube, under LPLs video that if anyone is in the area and wants to come out for a coffee, let me know and we can link up because there will be a window between the flight there and the flight back. I know PickMe (not sure if he is on here) lives there and has already contacted me. I don’t have any details at this time but there are flights that fly you in the morning and take you back in the evening and that Is what we are planning. Depending on the dr schedule of that day, we could end up spending hours in the airport and I rather spend that time elsewhere lol. Lucky the Dr office is so used to clients flying in that they are prepared to fully accommodate our timing for the trip. There is also a chance that we may end up spending the week there but time will tell.

Now on to traveling, has anyone traveled with a baby/infant before? Can I bring the stroller onto the plane or does it need to be checked in? and how about the car seat? If the stroller does into the cargo bay, don’t I need to cover or wrap it so it wont get dirty? I imagine that area must be super dirty.

I think Ill stop here or this will go on and on lol. Sorry for the lengthy write. I have a million things in my head and trying to resolve them all lol, sounds like a bad idea  but Ill keep you guys updated briefly.
Again thank you all so much!!!! Truly thank you!!!

PS. I will try my best to send a personal thank you to everyone I can but keep in mind some of the names that appear on the gofundme page are different that the names used here so if you dont get a PM from me, I just want to thank you!
<<

Trekmaster30

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:39 pm

I hope all goes well PapaGleb!. It's always good to know that the LS community is on your side!
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:12 pm

So happy you got the funds Papa. So quickly too! I hope your little girl gets the treatment she needs.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:57 pm

It's been years since I traveled with kids, but I think the stroller can go as checked baggage. The car seat went as "oversized" so it got picked up as a special item rather than arriving on the bag belt.

Another edit: the car seat went into a big plastic bag that I had, but perhaps the carrier can provide that for you - I can't remember if we provided that, or the carrier did.

I'm glad that you've received funds that will help you with your daughter - as a parent, I understand that you want what is best for your child.

Kind regards,

--Ted
(edit - what is, not the)
<<

HT4

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Riyame wrote:A new video by HT4 (Lock Picking Lawyer on YT) brought to light the plight of Papa Gleb and his family.

I haven't been over here in a week or two... just saw this. Thanks for posting.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 pm

When I got to the gofund page, I was astounded with how much support is
already there in such a small amount of time! Truly heartwarming to see!!
Thank you for the opportunity to help in some small way. Love you guys.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 am

Hey guys, old fast said it better than I could have so thanks Mike. Im happy to inform that we are scheduled to fly October 12th and everything is going as planned so far but fingers crossed, our oldest is having surgery (a very common procedure to remove adenoids) on October 6th so that should be enough time for him to recover and be back on his feet for us to focus on the little one. Thanks again for everyone's help regardless of the size, help is help and its all truly appreciated. :)
Next

Return to Random Banter