FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Great Light Up Plug Follower

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:26 am

Great Light Up Plug Follower

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOCKSMITH-HANDY ... SwFdtX0KM-

Have to say thats a pretty cool idea.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Re: Great Light Up Plug Follower

Cool Papa thanks
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 pm

That gives me all kinds of ideas...I wonder if I can get a flashlight that would work for a plug follower. My keychain maglight looks a little bit too small, but I'll figure out a way. The first thing I thought of was a glow stick, but you wouldn't get enough use out of it before it burnt out.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Looks cool, but I like being able to pass my follower straight through.

I think internal leds and a couple watch batteries would be best. Twists apart in the middle, 2 coin cells, 2 leds. Twist it together it turns on. twist it apart it turns off.
Would take more to make, that one's just a flashlight stuck on a chunk of Lucite rod. lol Good Idea, but can be so much better.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:03 am

I have used for years a Mini Mag Solitaire flashlight is perfect size for 1/2 follower and will go all the way through uses standard AAA battery don't need Lucite rod. Granted it isn't as bright as a Led light but works fine when you need a lighted follower.

Maglite-Solitaire-01.jpg

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:11 am

2012-01-11X19.41.46.jpg

2012-01-11X19.42.48.jpg

2012-01-11X19.44.00.jpg

Since 2012 in difficult situations I've been using this gift I got in Ireland. It's useful and super bright. The small lamp is in the center and the rounded body border works like a charm as a follower.

Cheers :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:21 pm

I hope I didnt kill that sellers ebay listing lol. Funny enough I actually have a few of those exact flashlights he used. My old job had their logo on it so we would give it out to clients and I took a few lol. It was a year ago and they are super cheap so they break easy but I should still have a few.

Wiz, sometimes LEDs arent that good cause they are too bright. Ill be on the look out for one of those.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:I hope I didnt kill that sellers ebay listing lol. Funny enough I actually have a few of those exact flashlights he used. My old job had their logo on it so we would give it out to clients and I took a few lol. It was a year ago and they are super cheap so they break easy but I should still have a few.

Wiz, sometimes LEDs arent that good cause they are too bright. Ill be on the look out for one of those.

I also have those exact same give away cheap flashights with my company name on it they spammed me with in the mail. They use those LR44 button cell batteries that are not commonly on hand and pain to replace as they flip over if dropped in the light. You can buy special 4 button cell made together into one at batteries plus for $9.99!!!! No thanks.

FlashlightX01.jpg

The Maglite Solitaire has a focusing beam which makes it nice to reduce glare or make it brighter etc. You can find them at Walmart. Homedepot, Amazon, Ebay.

Update: I now notice they have this Maglite Solitaire LED model so to be sure it is the same diameter as the old focus bulb model better check them at the store not just buy one online. I will be checking that soon as I get to a brick and mortar store. I just check on the Maglite Site it does say barrel dia is 1/2" so that is the same. I'll believe it when I try it as a follower. :-)

Magliter-Solitaire-LED.jpg

Richard
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut

Return to Random Banter