FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Rubiks and other puzzles??

<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Rubiks and other puzzles??

Another one of my hobbies is solving cube puzzles. I have around 20 or so from the basic to the not so basic. Was wondering if anyone else enjoyed the cubes or any other type of handheld puzzles?? I'll post a picture of my collection if anyone is really interested.
<<

flywheel

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: Rubiks and other puzzles??

Yeah. Got to fiddle with something while watching netflix. Had a POS 7x7 but it broke. Dropped a Mastermorphix and it broke. Didn't enjoy the Witeden 3x3x9 so it found a new home. The larger cubes, gigaminx, and teraminx would be nice but I'm not going out of my way to get them.
2016-09-13X16.28.20.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Wasn't there another thread on keypicking about this a while ago? I'm too lazy to look. Yeah I have, idunno, less than a dozen. I broke one of the larger ones (can't remember the dimensions) and have not done any others since.

That silver one is pretty fun. I have a UPS branded one with graphics on the sides. Takes an extra step midway through to make sure the center isn't upside down at the end. That's pretty fun. One of my buddies let me borrow an angular one. The internet says its a ghost cube. That was fun but didn't take too long to figure out. Its good for a novel afternoon then its the same process.
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:58 am

There may have been one. On the larger cubes I stick almost solely to moyu cubes. They move so smooth and I've never had any issues. After I post my collection I'd be willing to let anyone try out some of my cubes if they would like.
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:01 am

Here are most of my cubes, I have a few more scattered about and some at work to keep me occupied at the desk. I am able to solve all of them I have and am always looking to get more difficult ones.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:55 am

Wow that is a lot of different cubes. You are Cubesmith! I have only done the standard Rubiks cube when it came out in 1982. I got to where I was able to find where I normally start from and complete it behind my back to amaze others with. Been a long time since I have done it. Funny you made this post now because on a magic forum I am on this subject just came up there just before you posted this here. When I was at the grocery store a few days ago there was a new Hasbro Original Rubiks cube on sale half price saying it is now smoother and faster so I bought it. :mrgreen:
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am

I will have to show some of them while they are mixed up because I have some that shape shift and they are insane. I haven't used a standard rubiks brand in so long im afraid it would drive me crazy lol
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:55 am

Say's it's new improved smoother and faster so might find it isn't so bad now.

Here is something you will like since you are so into cubes. This guy was on Penn and Teller Fool Us show with his amazing magic Rubiks cube act he fooled them with.

Cube 3 By Steven Brundage

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5985

You get with this package a "ShengShou Aurora puzzle cube" which appears to be excellent bet you don't have that one?

Richard
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:16 am

Nice collection! Non-cubers might be surprised to learn how much crossover there is between knowing how to solve the standard 3x3 cube and a bunch of the other oddly shaped puzzles.
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:02 pm

I'll have to check that link out when I get a chance. Seems pretty interesting. I love penn and teller fool us though, awesome show

And yes. A lot of the more complex cubes are still built of 3x3 algorithms up to a certain point. And some of the crazy shape shifting ones that amaze people are simple 3x3's on an angle
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Here are some of mine from work the one in the right is an example of a shape shifting 3x3

Return to Random Banter