FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Why Did These Sell For This Much

<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Why Did These Sell For This Much

What am I missing here in this ebay auction?

I was interested in adding the LGHCo push key lock to my large push key lock collection but looking at the pics I can see what looks like bad iron casting in the square border around the letters on one side. That would just bug me to no end and couldn't get a response from seller asking is that bad mold casting or something that can be cleaned out. So didn't want to pay alot for this pile of what appears to be a bunch of less than desirable locks. So waited to the end to see how the bidding would go. Sure there is 10 locks but what one in this pile or even the entire pile can possibly be worth 203.50 plus 6.95 shipping? Insane... if someone here bought these please enlighten me. WTF! Anyone have a clue? Rusty, pitted, likely broken shackle springs on some, no keys for 60% of them and someone wanted these for that much? :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Antique-Vintage-Lock-Keys-Old-Vending-Barrel-Yale-Gum-Ball-Padlock-Trade-/162168346149?nma=true&si=iyOuKMcNnZduvdMzsWZl0Es4KO0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Richard
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

Lauren

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: Why Did These Sell For This Much

Collector's are always looking for something rare. My guess is the LGH Co. padlock. I have never seen one. All the other locks are crap. People who spend that kind of money get their spending high lasting about "three seconds", until the next one.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Noticed that lot myself. Didn't even catch my eye.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:53 pm

I wanted that LGH Co. lock but didn't like the casting defects. And knew I couldn't sell the other crappy ones to offset the cost of the lot. If I would have won it I would look at in my hands and that is all I would see because that is the side I would want to display as the company name is on that side of the shackle and be depressed. Plus I refuse to buy from someone that just can't find the time to reply to a question.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

Lauren

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Richard, it sounds like you and I have a lot in common, pertaining to Ebay sellers.

Return to Random Banter