FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Why did I trust eBay?

<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:37 am

Why did I trust eBay?

I think I have a mental defect or something, I stopped using eBay years ago because of people that never sent the item I won and paid for. Turned out a couple people had sold it to someone else after the auction ended and didnt get them the money they wanted so when they got an email offering more money for what it sold for they just told me that it got lost in the mail.

Well now I won an auction on a BEST pinning kit that was 99% there, Since I wasnt on eBay for a long time my payment took 5 days to clear (cleared on a Monday) and I got a message that he would ship on Thursday because he was out of town. I got notice of him generating a shipping number on Wed but it never shipped. Its been over a week and no word from him. I started the process with eBay to get my money back but I wanted the pinning kit!!

My buddy says to get the FEDS involved as he is commiting Mail fraud after generating the tracking number.... I dont know what to do..

Sorry for the rant, my wife hears it all the time so I try not to say anything around her.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:31 am

Re: Why did I trust eBay?

What is this guys feedback rating? Does he have a history of not shipping items in his feedback? Who is this guy so I know not to buy from him. The Feds won't do anything because all he did was pay for postage and USPS generated the tracking number automatically when he paid for the shipping label. If you get your money back you will have to be happy with that is about all you can do it is up to ebay to smack him around. If he already has bad feedback he has nothing to loose. Maybe he might show up and ship it now you filed a complaint. He has to ship it or refund your money.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:35 pm

His ID is hoodtechstl1 looks like he has only been on for a couple months but has 6 buys or sells with all positive feedback. I know when I first emailed him to ship he had 2 other auctions going, A guitar and a harmonica. I have not seen any feedback for those items yet.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm

No clue man. I've bought over a thousand times off eBay. I have never once been stiffed. Sometimes it takes months to show up, but I've never not had it show up.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but it must suck. Ebay is awesome.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:46 pm

The only time I have had something similar happen is the seller never shipped the item and I waited a few weeks and it never went out. I started a claim but they never responded to it so ebay decided in my favour and refunded me. The locks arrived a few days after that, they had actually sent them the same day that ebay refunded me.

I messaged them offering to repay them since they did ship and they got all snarky in their response.

A week isn't really that long. The seller could have been in a accident or something other in life made it so they could not ship on time. Hopefully you get your pin kit.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

jacobbiljo

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:56 am

I would say wait longer. I've gotten many packages where the tracking number gets created and I receive the package before any other information appears on the tracking page.
If he's not a professional seller then he has other things he has to do so there is lots of possible explanations besides just fraud.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 pm

I'd give it another week. Sometimes sellers have lives other than ebay. He's sold some really nice equipment lately.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P

Return to Random Banter