FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTF

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:23 pm

WTF

...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Re: WTF

Just watch the movie Equilibrium.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Doesn't surprise me man, people are garbage. Just cause it happens closer to home doesn't change the fact people do this kind of stuff every minute of every day.
At least he didn't hurt a person. There is much much worse than this, even your standard public shootings are worse than this. I'm not trying to take away from the horrid nature of the crime, I'm just trying to put it in perspective. It's an animal, we eat animals all the time. In some countries they still eat dogs.

I find it hard to get upset about something like this when actual people are being killed in the streets on a daily basis. Make a moral argument for animals that extends to us eating them. However you feel about animals, the moral argument for People was made the day you were born. People are more important than animals. We Raise and slaughter animals on a scale unseen and unsupportable by nature, Just for our own consumption even though we live in a time where we have other options. I think having sex with them is the lesser of two evils.

Again, not trying to justify or take away from the disgusting nature of his crimes. Just trying to put it in perspective.
<<

GregWhitney

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I have a strong rope and a tall tree. Just sayin........
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:53 am

I always find it funny when someone reacts to one small particular incident of atrocity such as this.

Take a look around you. I mean take a really good look. Look past the "Fox News" bullshit and do your own research.

Atrocity on a grand scale is being committed on a daily basis, all around the world, by every government and corporation. This one man and his dog is just one small drop in a vast sea of evil. Justice is not possible under our current world laws as the entire world is guilty. What is the solution? Human extinction. Will that happen? Maybe. Would I press the button to make it so? Absolutely, without flinching. Does such a button exist? Nope. That's the bottom line. What can you do? Nothing. Literally nothing. Ignorance truly is bliss because knowing too much information really hinders your ability to "enjoy" life. It makes you jaded, skeptical, cautious, misanthropic and angry. You see those people walking around who are always smiling? They don't know shit. Anyone who knows the truth of what is happening on planet Earth can't be anything but angry.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:35 am

GregWhitney wrote:I have a strong rope and a tall tree. Just sayin........

Or as the saying goes here: there is always room behind the sauna ;)
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
GregWhitney wrote:I have a strong rope and a tall tree. Just sayin........

Or as the saying goes here: there is always room behind the sauna ;)

That's not a saying man, if you had a sauna I'd be checking the back of it. :lol:

Xeo is right, any informed person could only be pissed off. And there is literally nothing we can do about it. But I don't take the nuclear option, I believe there is goodness in humanity. I see it too, on a daily basis. We can never fix all our problems, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying. This is the only game in town, and if we can't find a way to play it without tipping the board over and stomping away every time it doesn't go our way, We leave it in a worse condition than when we started.

There is one small thing we can do, but it would take the majority of people to do it. Be good to each other. I know most people don't give two shits about me or what my life is like, but that doesn't mean we can't be good to each other. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian, but I am a very nice person. I mind my P's and Q's, I hold doors for people, I strike up conversation in lineups and try to make people laugh in conversation. I genuinely care about other people, I think if more people were like this, the world wouldn't be so bad. People Seamed to have forgotten that there are other people sharing the world with them, what you do directly affects other people. A little more consideration for the rest of humanity would go a long way.

Notice: we all sit here bitching about the state of the world, in a first world country, with full bellies, with roofs and power and heat and water and everything else %20 of the world goes without on a daily basis. As bad as we think we have it, there are lots of people in this world that would only be angry cause that was a waste of food. I"m not trying to push anyone and I'm definitely not doing a donation drive, but typing in a forum isn't going to help. I give (directly removed from my account monthly) to a few charities. It's only about $100 a month, but it actually does make a difference. Maybe not to the world, but to a few needy families, I do make a difference.

Choose how to make the greatest impact, dollars go farther that words. Words are still needed. Vet your charities to make sure most of the money will actually make it to the people who need it. And most of all, be good to each other. Nobody ever solved such a huge problem with words, we need to actually start being good to each other.
Not because you care about the other person, not because you want to be seen as a nice guy, but because it makes the world a better place for everyone around you.
<<

Rumball Solutions

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:09 pm

We build a world that caters to the lowest common denominator, then we are surprised when people act as low as we have allowed them to sink. This is not a new thing, we just communicate more freely and efficiently now.

In closing, some people are good, some people are not. We just need more of one and less of another.

Btw - this has absolutely nothing to do with race, creed or religion. It's simply about being human.
<<

Josephus

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:25 pm

xeo wrote:I always find it funny when someone reacts to one small particular incident of atrocity such as this.

Take a look around you. I mean take a really good look. Look past the "Fox News" bullshit and do your own research.

...Ignorance truly is bliss because knowing too much information really hinders your ability to "enjoy" life.

Alas, how terrible is wisdom
when it brings no profit to the man that's wise!
This I knew well, but had forgotten it,
else I would not have come here.

-- Sophocles

Rumball Solutions wrote:We build a world that caters to the lowest common denominator...

Well, sort of. The word was designed, built, ran, and is maintained by, in aggregate, people of merely average intelligence. The natural outcome has and will always be the same. Someone with an IQ of 100 can barely understand and cope with the civilization of their time. It has been made using the best efforts of the average person. There is no other way it could possibly be.

WestCoastPicks wrote:There is one small thing we can do, but it would take the majority of people to do it. Be good to each other. I know most people don't give two shits about me or what my life is like, but that doesn't mean we can't be good to each other. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian, but I am a very nice person. I mind my P's and Q's, I hold doors for people, I strike up conversation in lineups and try to make people laugh in conversation. I genuinely care about other people, I think if more people were like this, the world wouldn't be so bad. People Seamed to have forgotten that there are other people sharing the world with them, what you do directly affects other people. A little more consideration for the rest of humanity would go a long way.

That seems nice. I try. Generally the outcome is for a too-high percentage of people to think I am soft and shit all over me just because they can. Right now I am taking a break from doing a 50 page report that needs to be done by Monday. It was supposed to be a five person project with a 90 person-hour budget. I have no authority over the matter and one of the team members laughed and said I would get it done even if no one else did a thing. That is precisely what has happened. Being nice to each other reminds me of an ancient Indus valley culture that was said to have never gone to war over centuries of existence. No weapons (or locks for that matter) have ever been excavated at the site. They had excellent trade relations with exotic goods flowing in from far away. The soil is rich there and the people had incredibly diverse, healthy diets for the time. What happened to them? Same thing that always happens. A culture that didn't believe in being nice wiped them out. Men, women, children, all skeletons.

If we could be homogeneous, treating people well would be easy and solve most of our problems. We are not homogeneous.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:09 am

I like orange Tic-Tacs.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:01 pm

MBI wrote:I like orange Tic-Tacs.

I could never get past the flavor of those, I am a tic tac addict though. I prefer the christmas blend of cinnamon and mint.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:59 pm

I agree with rumball.....and MBI. Now back to work to make the world a better place!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Remember: Just by using statistics, half of the population will be "Below average". Of those people, more than half think they are above average.

Just something to think about, next time you're wondering why everyone around you is so stupid. :D

Return to Random Banter