FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Concealed Carry

<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Concealed Carry

Found an interesting read for everyone that has made the choice to carry.
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/02/mar ... n-america/
Stay humble.
<<

RJ Robert James

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Concealed Carry

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm

I thought it was pretty informative and insightful. Gotta use those Miranda Rights.
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:24 am

This is my concealed carry...

11949319_10207157206589148_1055879461421697857_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:25 am

Great article. Thx for the read. Its funny how I have heard the Miranda warnings so many times that I can easily recall it verbatim yet not until now have I truly looked deep into what they are saying "Anything you say can and WILL be used against you". Funny part is that by the time you get these warnings, you are either in handcuffs or on the ground with 10 cops on top of you. Different State, Different Law, Different way of enforcing it. Here in NY, people have been known to get shot and die at the hands of the police simply besause the cop mistook a wallet or cell phone for a gun and blast you into the next life.
<<

HT4

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 am

Lot's of great information that CCers should know in this article, but there's one thing I would emphasize. There is are many great discussions out there of your legal rights and duties. In learning and internalizing those rights and duties, one should not forget or replace their moral duties. Rarely do these types of legal discussions reference that (much higher) moral obligation. I am pleased to see this article touch on those issues in a few places. My view has always been that carrying comes with the weighty moral responsibility to avoid conflict at all costs short of bodily injury to yourself or your family. Cross the street. Run away. Leave the building. Exit the highway. Swallow your pride. Only in the gravest extreme (credit to Massad Ayoob)...

Also, get some good training on the tactics of effective CC self defense.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Years ago, I used to carry concealed all the time. A friend once told me that they could tell when I was carrying a weapon, because while I am typically friendly and polite, they said my manners were extremely polite and I was never willing to get into any sort of heated discussion. I would avoid conflict if at all possible when I was carrying a sidearm.

Told my friend that when you carry a firearm, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not intentionally putting yourself in situations where you might need or be tempted to use that firearm. It is not a game. People could die from the decisions you make, and that includes you. It is one thing to carry because you may need it, it is another to carry and then go places and do things that you would not do if you had no weapon.

If you feel you need a firearm to go someplace safely, perhaps you should think if you really do need to go there. If you do need to go there, then by all means, be prepared to protect yourself and those you care for. If you wish to carry at all times, as I and many others have done, be polite. Don't go looking for trouble.

I don't carry anymore due to personal choice. Seeing someone carrying a sidearm does not bother me in the least. Am glad they choose to exercise their right to do so. If more people did, there would be less crime, since criminals are far more worried about an armed victim than about an armed police officer. What does make me nervous is when people are flashing or brandishing the weapon in an irresponsible way.

In summary, feel free to carry a weapon legally, be responsible in how you use it, and above all, be polite and respectful.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:43 am

Great thoughts and insight. Papa Gleb NY is definitely the spearhead of the Orwellian Police State unfortunately. People unfortunately trade civil liberties for safety.

Gordon and HT4 you guys are definitely on point. I've met those machismo guys that carry and are dumb enough to actually want trouble. That to me is absolutely crazy! Avoid conflict at all cost and definitely swallow the pride or ego. I carry for family protection. I'd rather have it and not need it vs. needing something that I don't have. It's an absolute last resort. The chances of needing to use a firearm are really low but it's nice to have.

Return to Random Banter